apple airport extreme 8.211 ac

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Alexrat1996, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Will they ever update the apple airport extreme 8.211 ac router its due for an update

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Design or software update

I have the latest one they sell at the store

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That's only a couple of years old.
    Wireless tech available to the general public has not changed significantly during that time.

There are several of the wireless tech companies that are currently releasing tri- and quad-network routers, with higher performance CPUs, etc. I don't know if Apple would go for features, unless they end up with stability, too.

That being said, there may be some announcement soon, if an updated AppleTV is released, about updated Airport Extreme to match up with that. We all may know more in just a few days, eh?

5. Fabian90 macrumors regular

I have the ac one, too. And I do not know what you could change with it? It is extremely fast, even for today's standards with its 1300 Mbps. Just a new design for what? It is working well. They could update the AirPort Express maybe with AC wifi.

6. lllfyc macrumors newbie

historically the airport time capsule update every 2 years. I am waiting its update now ...
    maybe Apple TV + router (4x4 MU-MIMO) + hard disc (wireless drive + time machine backup) ... in one device