Apple Airport Extreme Ethernet Unplugged and Double NAT

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hayden0127, Jun 18, 2014.

1. hayden0127 macrumors newbie

I have been getting 2 errors recently with my AE. Ethernet Unplugged and double NAT. These errors started about 5 days ago out of nowhere. I have not changed the settings on it in atleast 2 months. The only way I could get it to work is by shutting both the modem and router off for about 30 minutes and turning it back on, which this method no longer works. I also have hard reset the router which has not worked either. The light also is green while this all happens and rarely turns blinking orange.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

3. hayden0127 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I do have a modem also. Its the one that charter provided. I have my ethernet cable going directly from my computer to the AE then to the modem. The only settings I have messed with are ports. Also when I run troubleshooter, it twlls me the DNS server isnt responding

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Set the DNS servers in AirPort Utility to those of OpenDNS or Google. You cannot have the AirPort in Bridge Mode for this.

5. hayden0127 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't get into the airport anymore because it doesnt show up on the list

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would reset the base station by inserting a paper clip into the reset hole and plugging in the power cord. Continue holding until the light flashes rapidly before releasing. Then reconfigure it in AirPort Utility.