Apple Airport Extreme Wireless & Wired Set up help?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by twcracing, Mar 16, 2012.

1. twcracing macrumors newbie

Hey,

I need your help with a Wireless & Wired Set up connection.

I tryed calling apple for help but said i needed to pay 25 buck if I wanted help so I am asking here.

I just finished building a Gaming PC and And I need to connect it to the internet using ethernet. the problem is me and my family have like 3-4 Ipod touces and 2 macs in the house.

So if you guys could give me detailed instructions on how to set up my airport extreme with a wireless and a wired connection for my Gaming PC that would be great.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you don't already know the basics, click on the "help me" button and if will walk you through it.

There's just too much to go over on a forum.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not really... the OP should just be able to plug the cable in to the Airport and the other end into the PC.

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Really?

Maybe you missed this part:

5. roblawton macrumors 6502

Plug the gaming PC into the Airport Extreme as you so wish.

Then once you're connected to the AE you can use Airport Utility to setup the network.

Then you can setup the access for wireless devices and your families iDevices will work no problem!