Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following up on last week's debut of three new iPhone 4 commercials using a new "If You Don't Have an iPhone" theme, Apple has begun airing a fourth ad in the series focusing on Game Center.
If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have the largest selection of games on any phone...from your favorite classics to the latest and greatest. And you don't have Game Center, where you can find your friends wherever they are, challenge them to a game, and play head to head...to head. Yup, if you don't have an iPhone, well, you don't have an iPhone.
Games featured in the commercial include Scrabble, Infinity Blade, and Star Battalion.

Article Link: Apple Airs New iPhone 4 Ad Featuring Game Center

macnews

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2003
Idaho
Not fond of the pool table look or general navigation. Also not fond of the "if you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" tag line.

malohkan

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I love GameCenter, it's probably my favorite recent feature. I also really like the way it looks. It's the "If you don't have an iPhone" line I just can't get behind. Sounds like the guy is such a jerk every time he says it. I hope they don't make any more like that.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Gaming and the iOS ecosystem is the next big thing for Apple. I get the feeling we're going to see a lot of development here between the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and AppleTV.

Content and uses is king.. way more-so than hardware specs and Apple knows this. Specs don't mean crap to the general consumer... they want functionality and abilities.

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks the pool table inspired Game Center UI is ugly and cheap?

looks a bit cheap to me as well... i think was a way for apple to gain legitimacy for the iPhone/iPad (& ecosystem) as a gaming platform against xbox/sony/nintendo.

P.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
Or at Microsoft, or at Sony...

Whats your point?

The ad is aimed at the gaming industry . gasp!

Nintendo releases their newest portable game machine -- the 3DS -- in two days.

So is it a coincidence that Apple released a new ad about gaming today? The iPhone is increasingly competing with these game-centric machines, after all...

Last edited:

InsanelyApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
You know, am I the only one who thinks that the Game Center popups are annoying? I mean when I'm playing Cut the Rope I don't care if my friends know that I'm playing.

Chester89

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
I like Game Center, Perhaps, it is my favorite most feature.Its graphic are charming. In fact, its quite nice and probably will remain favorite of mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.