Apple also releases new Apple Remote

Discussion in 'iMac' started by acprkit, Oct 20, 2009.

1. acprkit macrumors member

Oct 14, 2008
    I saw this on the iMac configuration page - it is a $19 option.

Apple Remote
    Control your Mac from afar with the sleek aluminum Apple Remote. Play, pause, adjust volume, move forward and back, and access menus while playing music and video.
    Learn more
    The Apple Remote gives you total command of your music, photos, videos, and DVDs from anywhere in the room. It works with Front Row — a menu-based, full-screen interface — to make accessing the digital content on your Mac as simple as navigating your iPod. When you press the Menu button, your desktop fades and the sleek Front Row interface takes its place to give you control over your music in iTunes, your photos in iPhoto, the videos in your Movies folder, and your DVDs. Turn up the volume. Shuffle. Skip to the next chapter on your DVD. Play a slideshow, a home movie you made in iMovie, even a movie trailer.
  2. acprkit thread starter macrumors member

Oct 14, 2008
  3. Gen macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2008
    With all this news and excitement you're getting happy over a new remote ... ...
  4. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

Dec 29, 2008
    Carlisle, UK
    other than the aluminium, i actually prefer to last version. i don't see why they moved the play/pause button to the side of the menu button, it's much easier to have all the actual controls in one place imo.
  5. unamused macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2009
    hmmm when i order my imac ill probably order the remote... but why?? isnt there an app for the ipod touch that can do the same thing? (just trying to justify my [future] purchase)
  6. MTI macrumors 65816

Feb 17, 2009
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I miss being able to magnetically stick the remote onto the side of the iMac.
  7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

Apr 1, 2009
    15 minutes in the future
    What are your delivery dates for this? Mine is December 2nd.
  8. UrFatMom macrumors regular

Mar 17, 2009
    Yup. I have Remote and TouchPad apps. Can't wait to use my iPhone with my coming 27" iMac. Won't buy that remote, that's for sure!
  9. at2wells macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2009
    Zed Zed 9 Plural Zed Alpha
    I just bought the 21.5' iMac on friday. And thats definitely not the remote I got. Which if that picture is the new design, Im glad that I got the old one.