apple alum. wireless keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bigjnyc, Nov 17, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I have an apple wireless keyboard which i bought back in may, its been working perfectly on my iMac but this weekend all of a sudden it stopped working. when i tried pairing it the computer finds it but then it says error trying to connect to keyboard. I tried restarting the keyboard, restarting my iMac, changing the batteries on the keyboard to brand new energizer lithium batteries in a fresh pack.... (i had the same brand in there before)

anyways nothing works and my friend is using my wired keyboard on his mini.... thank god i just got the macbook last week so i was using that all weekend which is fine. but do you guys have any suggestions on the wireless keyboard? what else can i try?

PS: i have an apple wireless mighty mouse which is working perfectly on my iMac so its not a computer bluetooth problem.

2. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

any suggestions. I also tried pairing it with my macbook and got the same error. I get out of work pretty late every day so going to the genius bar is difficult and weekends its pretty full.