Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StvRndy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Today I just found some scratches on the edge of the keyboard. I bothers me so much. I just want to know does this case happen to you guys? Does it bother you? Because I think apple aluminum keyboard is quite fragile. Anyone has got it bent before?

Mangaroo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
London
Today I just found some scratches on the edge of the keyboard. I bothers me so much. I just want to know does this case happen to you guys? Does it bother you? Because I think apple aluminum keyboard is quite fragile. Anyone has got it bent before?

mine has a few, not bothered at all!

YouArentJ

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2008
Orlando
I've had mine for about a year now - no scratches, no dents, looks fine.

It's a keyboard, I'm sure you will be fine. :)

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I have one large one down the back, from where a PCI card scraped down it in my bag. I can't see it, but it still bothers me knowing its there. It's such a good looking thing, I want it to be immaculate.

StvRndy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
This is the bad thing of owning mac hardware. I care more about perfection.
The apple keyboard is just way to fragile that makes it need more extra care.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
well the world isnt perfect. im sorry to break the news but its just the way it is. Use it, not baby it. to me, use it for the purpose it was designed for. I see a bunch of ppl with thick ugly cases around their iphones and it bugs the crap outta me, ruining all that perfection. anyway, you might be able to get rid of those scratches, i've heard of something that can "smooth over" the scratches, Iono...

StvRndy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
I have been using it gently. I actually prefer the previous keyboard made of the plastic. Although the plastic can scratch as well. It might not have dents.
The dents are clearly visible on my keyboard edges especially with direct light to it. I don't dare to do anything at the moment.

Mangaroo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
London
seriously dude, life isnt worth it to get upset about **** like this!

*nb saying where im from, not sure it translates very well! dont kill yourself :D

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
I used the wireless keyboard for a bit and now I've switched to the wired because I prefer the key layout... but neither one has gotten any scratches from what I can tell. My keyboard sits far from anything on a "wooden" desk, so not much chance of it getting scratched up.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
I have a few on mine, it doesn't bother me.

I read this great thread on a different forum once. I was looking for a solution to fix the scratch on my iMac's aluminum leg. This one post made me feel a lot better, the guy said that you can't really say that something is yours until you make your mark on it. That made a lot of sense to me, so just think of it as making your keyboard yours.

Don

StvRndy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
I have a few on mine, it doesn't bother me.

I read this great thread on a different forum once. I was looking for a solution to fix the scratch on my iMac's aluminum leg. This one post made me feel a lot better, the guy said that you can't really say that something is yours until you make your mark on it. That made a lot of sense to me, so just think of it as making your keyboard yours.

Don

Good positive thinking suggestion. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.