Apple Aluminum Keyboard Scratches

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by StvRndy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. StvRndy macrumors member

Today I just found some scratches on the edge of the keyboard. I bothers me so much. I just want to know does this case happen to you guys? Does it bother you? Because I think apple aluminum keyboard is quite fragile. Anyone has got it bent before?

2. Mangaroo macrumors regular

mine has a few, not bothered at all!

3. StvRndy thread starter macrumors member

4. YouArentJ macrumors member

YouArentJ

I've had mine for about a year now - no scratches, no dents, looks fine.

It's a keyboard, I'm sure you will be fine. :)

5. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

I have one large one down the back, from where a PCI card scraped down it in my bag. I can't see it, but it still bothers me knowing its there. It's such a good looking thing, I want it to be immaculate.

6. StvRndy thread starter macrumors member

This is the bad thing of owning mac hardware. I care more about perfection.
    The apple keyboard is just way to fragile that makes it need more extra care.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

well the world isnt perfect. im sorry to break the news but its just the way it is. Use it, not baby it. to me, use it for the purpose it was designed for. I see a bunch of ppl with thick ugly cases around their iphones and it bugs the crap outta me, ruining all that perfection. anyway, you might be able to get rid of those scratches, i've heard of something that can "smooth over" the scratches, Iono...

8. YouArentJ macrumors member

YouArentJ

If it didn't come scratched, I would suggest typing a little more gently/not throwing it against walls, using as a skateboard, etc. :D

9. StvRndy thread starter macrumors member

I have been using it gently. I actually prefer the previous keyboard made of the plastic. Although the plastic can scratch as well. It might not have dents.
    The dents are clearly visible on my keyboard edges especially with direct light to it. I don't dare to do anything at the moment.

10. Mangaroo macrumors regular

seriously dude, life isnt worth it to get upset about **** like this!

*nb saying where im from, not sure it translates very well! dont kill yourself :D

11. XianPalin macrumors 6502

I used the wireless keyboard for a bit and now I've switched to the wired because I prefer the key layout... but neither one has gotten any scratches from what I can tell. My keyboard sits far from anything on a "wooden" desk, so not much chance of it getting scratched up.

12. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I have a few on mine, it doesn't bother me.

I read this great thread on a different forum once. I was looking for a solution to fix the scratch on my iMac's aluminum leg. This one post made me feel a lot better, the guy said that you can't really say that something is yours until you make your mark on it. That made a lot of sense to me, so just think of it as making your keyboard yours.

Don

13. StvRndy thread starter macrumors member

Good positive thinking suggestion. Thanks.