Apple and a.pl website

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by sainsburys, Sep 10, 2012.

1. sainsburys macrumors regular

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Apple's lawsuits got pathetic a long time ago. I hope someone gives them a taste of their own medicine.

4. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Wow. As an Apple fan, I cannot see any resemblance or infringement between Apple (computer) and A.pl website, other than the English pronunciation. Given that the site is Polish, that gives even less credence to the lawsuit.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Apple thinks everything is a copy.

Remember when they went after that little German "Apple Child" cafe? Or when they tried to stop a New York City (aka "the Big Apple" long before Jobs was born) recycling campaign from using an apple logo?

apple_v_cafe.png

It's one thing if Apple wants to claim a certain color apple with a bite out of it and a leaf going to the right, but those other logos aren't even close. Not to mention it's a common fruit.

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I was thinking about that too, but even in English that's a stretch because most people would choose the long a sound for the first letter in the alphabet. /e dɑt pi ɛl/

I can't imagine anyone could confuse the websites

Attached Files:

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

A few years ago, apple went on a tear trying to sue everyone who used the word pod in their products. :/

To bad they seem so wrapped up in what others are doing, hopefully they'll not lose focus on what they should be doing.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

9. Dolorian, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

This is pathetic.

Apple is only going to make people dislike them by doing things like these. Frankly, I seriously hope that they have something up their sleeve for tomorrow with the iPhone 5 because with the current climate people will be very critical of the new iPhone and Apple if it is just the same old crap as before. Tech sites will have a field day with Apple if they don't bring out something fresh and innovative.

10. angelneo macrumors 68000

11. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Gotta be careful using the word "Apple" these days, huh... ;)

12. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Watch out! You-know-who is going to sue you for using the "A" word in a sentence. :D