apple and att double order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spyder721, Jun 15, 2010.

1. spyder721 macrumors regular

spyder721

ok this moring i ordered from att... it says attention in the status, anyway when i got home i hit cart from early early this am on the apple website. and i had a 32gb in my cart so i proceeded to check out and was able to purchase it. ok so now i think i have 2 preorders... anyone see any kind of issues that might come out of this? i heard you could only have one per address... worried they both will get cancelled...

any thoughts?

2. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

are the pre-orders for separate lines or for the same phone #?

3. spyder721 thread starter macrumors regular

spyder721

same phone #

really odd that it let me order both though

4. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Well, technically, you haven't used your upgrade until you get charged for a phone.

5. TapTapps macrumors newbie

Put an order in at AT&T Premier early (after dealing with the Apple store crap for over an hour.) Order seemed to go through right away and got confirmation emails.

When I woke up saw the Attention status for both orders and called AT&T Premier support. CSR told me (after calling somebody else) that it just meant they were still reviewing things and she would call me back if she heard anything different.

She called me back about 20 minutes later and said somebody else told it meant there was some kind of error in the order and it was going to be booted. When I asked her if I should order again, she said yes. So I put an order in on Apple store (took about 40 minutes to get both phones through.) Credit card was never charged for AT&T orders, charged instantly for Apple store orders.

6. spyder721 thread starter macrumors regular

spyder721

this is good to hear.... so i will prob get mine from apple just like i wanted! should be exciting to say the least haha

never a dull moment for an iphone launch!