Apple and Compensation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rookie1986, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

What are apple like when it comes to giving out some form of compensation to customers?

The reason I ask is because I placed an order for an iPod Touch, iMac and apple care back on September 13th and since then I have been given 6 different delivery dates and it hasn’t arrived on any of them, obviously I work full time so having to arrange for someone to be home or time off work to sign for the parcel has been just one big hassle.

If I plead my case what are the chances of getting some form of compensation or will I be wasting my breath when apple phone me back tomorrow?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You might be able to get about £100 pounds. I got £150 but that was a rare case, (i had to go through 4 computer to get a working one and that took over a month to sort out).

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that store credit or cash lol?

TBH I wasn’t expecting money, I would have been happy with a £10 iTunes voucher because I’m not really in it for something big, would just like some form of compensation for the hassle I’ve had

4. Blueprint macrumors member

Well i would say you have a case for compensation and aslong as you keep polite and don’t shout/scream/swear at them then they should offer you it. It will more then likely be store credit..... not that by the sounds you would want to order from there store again lol :p

/Blue

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Cash, well electronic cash. And i have a direct link to a manager which will give me preferential treatment with any new orders and sort out any problems.

6. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Politely insist on cash (discount) compensation. My replacement iPod Touch took so long to ship, they offered me $50 worth of Apple items.

(it still hasn't shipped, despite being promised at most "7-10 days" nearly a month ago - be prepared to threaten to return/cancel outright. Apple makes more profit when you buy direct, so that might work).

7. Jake91 macrumors member

Well, I just called and made a polite complaint that my ipod still hasn't been shipped, even though I ordered on the 2nd. They said the only compensation they could give me was $25 off the total price. The guy said he had no way of giving me an itunes credit, so I just took the $25 off. Still, at least I was compensated.

8. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well they guy I spoke to about the problem was someone who had read the e-mail I sent to sjobs@apple.com so I would hope there in more of a position to offer me compensation

I checked again tonight and my items still haven’t been collected by UPS so unless apple have sent it express with another company then I wont be getting it tomorrow, I’m still waiting on an e-mail from the person I spoke to today with a direct contact number to by pass the sales team which sounds like I’m now in touch with a supervisor or something, so I guess I can only wait for him to call me back tomorrow and try and sort things out

9. Jake91 macrumors member

They only gave me an order status number/code. No tracking number.

10. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

Yeah the probably will.

My dads ibook screen stopped working after 2 years and he had to pay 200 to get it replaced an he wrote a letter to apple, and i guess either apple was supposed to fix it in the first place or they felt bad, so they sent him a 200$ check to cover the cost of the repairs and a 4 gig ipod nano (which he gave to me :) but all i use it for is nike + :(