Apple and Early 2019 MBP owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by linxy33, Jul 25, 2019.

1. linxy33 macrumors member

Apple is possibly about to release a 16" MacBook pro.

If they do I suspect they are going to get some angry customer complaints about those that just spent over $2600 on a custom MBP. Myself having spent just over $4000 (needed for my line of work).

Will there be any understanding response / maybe even exchange offer for those customers that spent an arm and a leg and want to upgrade?

2. VineRider macrumors regular

I wouldn't expect any exchange offer. This is the nature of technology....it is changing all the time.

3. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

I bought my car 4 months before the completely overhauled model was announced. Am I entitled to a new car? After all it’s way more money and a larger utility than my laptop.

No. No I’m not. Because I’m not insane.

4. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

If you listen to the Cultcast Podcast, last year, Irfan purchased a loaded 15”. A couple months after he purchased, Apple offered GPU upgrades.

He went to the Apple Store, and they were willing to accommodate and allow him to upgrade and pay the difference.....until it was discovered he hadn’t purchased it at an Apple Store. He ultimately sold his MacBook Pro and upgraded

Your mileage may vary, when new MacBook Pros are released, Apple is known to be good depending on who your dealing with, how you approach them, and how far out the purchase was.

Go in expecting to be turned down, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

5. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

Those angry users need to get over themselves. New computers come out, it happens. It’s not just computers either, it also happens with other products too.

6. chabig macrumors 603

Apple already has a trade-in program. It works like this...you buy the new computer, and they give you money for the old one.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

7. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

Those trade in values are such a rip-off!

8. Cmgreen macrumors newbie

But all trade in values are rubbish, what you get is convenience, you have to remember they have to clean it, test it, re package it, warranty it then sell it, sounds like a good deal to me

9. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

I can get that to a degree. Maxing it out at $1400 no matter how high the value of the MacBook Pro is not a good deal to anyone.

Paid $2800 for your maxed out 2017 13”? $1400
    Paid $3500 for your mid range 2018 15”? $1400
    Paid $5000 for your maxed out 2018 15”? $1400

That can’t sound like a good deal to anyone.

10. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

Ask your car manufacturer the same question...

11. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

Apple: Releasing a new version once a year.
    Macrumors users: “Damn Apple, they’re so behind technology, damn them for not giving us the latest tech!!!11!”

Apple: Releasing new versions short after new tech comes out.
    Macrumors users: “Damn Apple, I just bought one a while ago, what are they thinking? Screw them for releasing something new!!!11”

:rolleyes:

12. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I think people are starting to miss the days when Apple updated the MacBook Pro every 9-12 months however there were many people that found themselves needing to make a purchase and if it was about 8-11 months after the last update it sucked, especially since the price stays the same.