Apple and its product line up.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LovingTeddy, Aug 24, 2016.

1. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

I have heard forum member complains about Apple's line up. But does Apple really blown up its line up? Not really.

Many of you guys say that Tim Cook is repeating Apple's past mistake. But I don't think so.

Here is why:

1. If you look at Apple's past, Apple entered into too many areas. Apple was making printers, camera etc. The point is that Apple only have few product line right now: Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Watch and Apple TV.

2. If you ever look at HP or Dell website, you will find more than 20 product in one single product category. Yes, they give customer choices and many people appreciate that. But abundant of choice is also bad. If you look at Apple's product line, it is not much compare with Dell or HP.

3. 5.5,4.7 and 4 inch iPhone, 12 and 9.7 inch iPads are really target towards different people and different market. We need to realize that people are diverse, so is people's need. Apple need go into different sizes to fit different people. There is no universal size that fits to everyone. Offering different size is not complicating product line.

4. Each size only have one or two models. You don't have zillions of product under one product category.

So, in all, Apple's product line is growing. I think it is necessary for Apple to maintain its competitiveness. Apple's product line has grown, but not complicated.

2. pixel_junkie macrumors regular

pixel_junkie

To maintain competitiveness, what they need is to focus on innovation again because their competition is moving 100 miles an hour and Apple are picking their noses.

3. brendu macrumors 68020

...this couldn't make less sense...

1. You have absolutely no idea what apple is working on behind closed doors.
    2. What competitor has anything innovative enough to say Apple is behind them?

4. pixel_junkie macrumors regular

pixel_junkie

I was talking about their current offerings. Put the iPhone next to any '17 flagship, looks like it was designed in 2011

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Until I use it. :D

6. pixel_junkie macrumors regular

pixel_junkie

Especially when you use it!

It is reliable and certain apps work better on iOS, I'll give you that but in terms of features, options, freedom to use the phone as it best suits the user, it is a joke

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Isn't that merely your opinion? You can't tell me how I use my phone. There is nothing more I want my 7Plus to do. It fits my usage perfectly.

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Where else can i buy a laptop that i can attach multiple high speed peripherals to such as 10 gigabit networking, a fibre channel SAN, an external GPU AND have a port left over for a general dock or external monitor?

Seriously, find me one.

Then try and limit the selection of all the machines you found to those under 3kg in weight.

9. pixel_junkie macrumors regular

pixel_junkie

If you don't know about something, you don't worry about it or as they say, ignorance is bliss. If you were just a bit openminded and learned the possibilities, you may feel different.

Also, just an opinion ...
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2017 ---
    Who is talking about laptops? I'm typing this on MacBook Pro.

10. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Ah. Missed that this was in the iphone section. Just saw it talking about "product lineup".

In any case. TouchID works. Continuity works. I get software updates. I get integration between all of my devices.

That's innovation.
    As far as I'm concerned, the hardware is fine. It does the job. Performance is great. There are no gimmicks. Curved screen? Sorry... nah, not interested.

Zero bezel? My fingers are going to be covering that bit of the device anyway?

Size?
    I'd rather they figured out how to make IOS work better on the SE form factor personally. If i want a big screen I'll use my ipad or a laptop.

I suspect people are going to have their minds blown by the stuff being done with ARkit within 12 months, and going to be blown away again when apple release the headset.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No, sorry that is not just an opinion, you are pushing your opinion on others. You have no idea what devices I have used in the past. So you are merely assuming. I have used plenty of Android devices over the years, and I prefer iOS. There is nothing that iOS/iPhone cannot do that I want it to do. I couldn't care less about extra customization, I couldn't care less about being more "open" because call me crazy, I want a more secured phone. So for you to call it ignorance is just plain wrong. I know what I want from a device and iPhone covers that perfectly.

12. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've used plenty of Android flagships in my day, and while I love the customization features and flexibility, I like the way iOS works at the end of the day. Just another opinion.

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

My only grip with Apple is what the did to the MBPro line. When they lost the ports, they lost me. No a big issue as I did most my work via Windows in Boot Camp because I loved the hardware. I have found Win10 Pro to be very capable.

14. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Ironically, Android is the "Windows" of the phone world. You can do just about anything and you get all of the problems accompanying that freedom.

15. thekeyring macrumors 68040

Also, past Apple tended to be unable to focus. Now, people are up in arms because Apple is too focused. Look at the Mac mini - it's been left, without an update for 1,000 days. Why? Because the Mac team were working on more important products like the new iMacs.

So, while Apple has a few more products than it used to, we are not seeing the same focus on all products.

16. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Thank you for replying about a year after. I already forgotten about this.

17. macTW macrumors 65816

Yes. 2016 iPhone vs 2017 top-of-the-line phone. That's fair...

Also. Your opinion. Beyond idiotic to assume your opinion is fact for everybody.

I like the iPhone 6/7 design more than any iPhone and any phone out there. It's beautiful and convenient to me.

18. pixel_junkie macrumors regular

pixel_junkie

What the h. are you talking about, dude? It's a forum where people share opinions, what "assume"? You guys need to get over yourselves and stop foaming at the mouth every time someone expresses an opinion that is different than yours and god forbid it is not pro your precious iPhone! People may think differently than you, deal with it!

19. macTW macrumors 65816

lol I'm done with you. Clearly you can't have a discussion with others.

Tip: leave fantasy land and embrace opinions as opinions, not fact.

Peace.

20. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

The mac mini isn't being updated because it is doing what it is supposed to do just fine. It is a stepping stone, to upsell you to Apple's other mac os products.

21. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

The Mac Mini could do with an update though.

Give it thunderbolt 3, external GPU connectivity and i think it would be a substitute for a large number of the "I want a desktop mac but i don't want a monitor included" crowd who don't have 3-10 grand (plus?) for a Mac Pro.

There's a massive hole in the Mac market at the moment for something like that.

Especially people such as myself who are multi-platform. I already have a decent sized monitor on my desk hooked up to my Xeon workstation PC. I don't need or want an iMac, but i do want something at least somewhat current.