Apple and Repairs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OGDaniel, Dec 24, 2009.

1. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

My 2G iPod Touch doesn't turn on. All troubleshooting done, and a trip to the Apple Store done. The next step is sending it back to Apple I suppose, but I'd like to know if they would start replacing hardware and send it back to me or tell me to get a new one. Do they go that far to fix it, or do they just refurbish it and i get a new one? If they take it and refurb it, do I get some sorta rebate my a new one? Help.

The warranty is expired.

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.348 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Um. If your warranty is expired, why do you expect apple to fix/replace it at all??

Am I missing something here?

3. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

If your warranty is expired Apple will charge you to repair it simple as that. Same as any other company you'd buy from when your out of warranty. Your on your own after the warranty expires. You're not going to get it repaired or refurbished for free end of story.

4. OGDaniel thread starter macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Thank you for your comments, but today i trekked to the Apple Store and got myself a refurbished one for 120 dollars, a considerable discount from a new one. I'm satisfied with the solution, and thanks all for the help.

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Interesting.

You have fun with your new one.

Welcome to the forums too!