Apple and Samsung

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncanator, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

So with the reveal of the 8/8+ and the X from Apple with the already available S8/S8+ and Note 8 from Samsung, we are back at the "this is better than this" game. Curious as to why some feel the need to bash one, or the other, to help justify their own purchases? I am currently using a Note 8 (LOVE IT) but I am highly considering the 8+. Heck I may go a notch up and get the X. I find that switching between the two OS to be fairly simple and both companies make incredibly well built devices. Ultimately, does it really make people feel better to bash other devices?

2. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

Here is my take. Samsung phones are better looking than Apple's, they just draw you in. Apple however has a better OS depending on whether you like to play with phone settings or not.

The common phone user prefers Apple because it's all there without you having to download this or that.

Apple needs to steal a Samsung phone designer to help them on their next phone. Samsung needs to pay Apple for iOS and forget about Android.

3. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I would disagree becuase samsung sell more phones than Apple overall so I would say the average phone user doesn't prefer Apple.

4. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

I agree that they both make great devices and I really do like the Note 8. If I were to get an android that's what I'd get. I just really like the IOS platform better for my needs. My family members use iPhones, Ipads, etc so I enjoy the ecosystem. I also like timely sw upgrades and that they support older phones as well. No hate for the other guys here, just right now Apple is my go to.

5. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

That's because Samsung makes Android phones as cheap as $100.:rolleyes:

Don't compare potatoes to pineapples.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Yes and most people want cheap phones.

7. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Only because they can't afford anything else.

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Do you equate bashing with personal opinion about a manufacturer's design choices?

9. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

No no no. I think design critiques is warranted with any device.

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

OK. Just asking, because some people consider my (admittedly) very strong opinion about Apple's design choices to be bashing, hate or both.

I neither hate Apple nor love Samsung. I just like what I like and I happen to not like the design choices Apple's made with the 6 series of phones (to include the 7/7+/8/8+/X).

But I don't hate Apple and I'm not in to bashing them because they aren't doing what I want them to do.

11. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Not necessarily. Some people could afford more expensive phones but they don't see the value in them.