Apple and Television

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mu65, Feb 23, 2008.

1. mu65 macrumors newbie

Apple pushed their way into music, movies and mobile phones. It only makes sense that they are looking for the next big entry a year or two out. I think some sort of Media driven Television/DVD/DVR/AppleTV/Computer/flat screen would be a natural. Think about it, what if you had a BIG SCREEN TV (Flat screen), that was a Computer, a TV, a DVR, a Phone, a Video conferencing device for the whole family, with DVD, Apple TV, built right into the device. Nobody could do this, but apple. Not Microsoft, not anyone. I bought a Gateway Media Center about 4 years ago. It was awful. The Video card burned out on me quickly so I had a problem there, then it didn't work as well as I would have liked as a computer. Is this a stretch?
    Apple took the cell phone and made it better. It tood the mp3 player and made it better. Take the TV and make it better, please.

2. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

It's on a lot of people's wish list but who in hell knows what Steve Jobs is actually going to give us.

Apple TV is ironically not a TV - which seriously confused my father in law who desperately wanted to buy 'a TV made by Apple'.

It seems to be about all they can manage right now.