Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Verizon today announced the launch of the "5G Fleet Swap," a new program that's designed to allow enterprise customers to trade in their entire fleet of smartphones and upgrade to an iPhone 12 for zero upfront cost.

iphone_12_colors_lineup.jpg

After the transition, the iPhones used by each business will have zero cost (for the iPhone 12 mini) or a low monthly cost.

Customers can choose to trade in smartphones from Verizon or any other carrier and upgrade to any iPhone in the iPhone 12 lineup. The program will make it easier for businesses to make the transition from 4G to 5G.
"The iPhone 12 lineup is the best for business, with an all-new design, advanced 5G experience, industry-leading security and A14 Bionic, the fastest chip ever in a smartphone," said Susan Prescott, Apple's vice president of Markets, Apps and Services. "Paired with Verizon's 5G Ultra Wideband going indoors and 5G Fleet Swap, an all-new device offer for enterprise, it's now easier than ever for businesses to build transformational mobile apps that take advantage of the powerful iPhone 12 lineup and 5G."
Verizon highlighted some of the apps that businesses can better take advantage of over a 5G connection, such as IBM's Maximo Visual Inspection app for monitoring production line defects and JigSpace for accessing documents and manuals with detailed augmented reality experiences for building of technical equipment.

Verizon also announced two 5G ultra wideband rollouts for enterprise customers. General Motors and Honeywell are the first companies to get 5G ultra wideband service at their facilities.

Article Link: Apple and Verizon Debut '5G Fleet Swap' Enterprise iPhone Trade-In Program

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
Hope my employer uses this - they’re on Verizon but they give us flip phones lmao

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
Hopefully my company takes advantage of this. My iPhone 7 is struggling and I’m eligible for an upgrade in a month anyways.

AngerDanger

macrumors 603
Dec 9, 2008
It's an excellent program with the one caveat being that the iPhones disintegrate 24 hours later.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr. Awesome

coolbreeze2

Contributor
Sep 24, 2009
Hey I have small business with only 3 phones on the enterprise account. I'm assuming this applies to my business? Also, when they say "no up front cost", what does that mean? No upgrade fee? No other fees except taxes and the cost of the phone?

ghanwani

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2008
Verizon today announced the launch of the "5G Fleet Swap," a new program that's designed to allow enterprise customers to trade in their entire fleet of smartphones and upgrade to an iPhone 12 for zero upfront cost.

After the transition, the iPhones used by each business will have zero cost (for the iPhone 12 mini) or a low monthly cost.
free stuff, free stuff! :D

Reactions: superlawyer15

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hey I have small business with only 3 phones on the enterprise account. I'm assuming this applies to my business? Also, when they say "no up front cost", what does that mean? No upgrade fee? No other fees except taxes and the cost of the phone?
You‘d still be responsible for the taxes, what they mean by ‘no upfront cost‘, is meaning no activation fee, No add-a-line charge, And no upfront installment cost. However, ‘upgrade fee’ depends if you’re upgrading early and eligible, Also, your previous devices would have to be paid off with no monthly install payments remaining, if any.

coolbreeze2

Contributor
Sep 24, 2009
You‘d still be responsible for the taxes, what they mean by ‘no upfront cost‘, is meaning no activation fee, No add-a-line charge, And no upfront installment cost. However, ‘upgrade fee’ depends if you’re upgrading early and eligible, Also, your previous devices would have to be paid off with no monthly install payments remaining, if any.
Ok all 3 phones are fully paid for and eligible for upgrade. When I checked the other day Verizon told me there would be an upgrade fee. Now that this new program has been announced I guess they would not charge me an upgrade fee. They did tell me there would be no upfront installment cost and I had to pay the taxes, billed to my account on the next invoice.

Nov 6, 2020
Unless your enterprise is in a UW city, it probably doesn’t make sense upgrading the entire fleet right now.
The discount being offered is the main factor here. Means you're future ready and don't have to deal with a rollout later on.

But the biggest reason to do it now is that it goes on this years taxes. Nov/Dec is traditionally where we see lots of enterprises spending on equipment and other things, using up their budget before the new year. Apple and Verizon are WELL aware of that, which is why they do this.

Additionally, you get companies to give their employees new iPhones and now their work phone is nicer than their own phone. Well that just can't do. It's holiday time, a great time to treat yourself and family to new phones.

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
Either VZW is hemorrhaging SMBs or they have a lot of contracts they can't close.

maxybabies

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
I own a small business with office phones linked with our Verizon business account. I linked my family iPhones to this business account as well. Would we be able to be eligible for this deal as well for the iPhones? Is there any catch to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.