Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kasper Winding

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Denmark
Ive just seen this hot rumor at looprumors.com

In addition to participating in the joint session with Bill Gates tonight, Steve Jobs will appear on his own in a separate segment at D5 (D: All Things Digital) to discuss the latest developments at Apple, including new ventures such as the iPhone and Apple TV.

LOOPRumors is hearing rumblings from credible sources that Steve Jobs will make an official announcement at the event, which may be anything from a product unveiling to specific iPhone release date. We also heard the iPhone may make another public appearance at the event, but that information is still unconfirmed.

At any event, seeing both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs on the stage together will be great iCandy. We'll keep you posted as we learn more developments

Anyone got other information on this issue?

jon4lakers

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
Orange County, CA
Ive just seen this hot rumor at looprumors.com

In addition to participating in the joint session with Bill Gates tonight, Steve Jobs will appear on his own in a separate segment at D5 (D: All Things Digital) to discuss the latest developments at Apple, including new ventures such as the iPhone and Apple TV.

LOOPRumors is hearing rumblings from credible sources that Steve Jobs will make an official announcement at the event, which may be anything from a product unveiling to specific iPhone release date. We also heard the iPhone may make another public appearance at the event, but that information is still unconfirmed.

At any event, seeing both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs on the stage together will be great iCandy. We'll keep you posted as we learn more developments

Anyone got other information on this issue?

I know I'm not the only one foolishly wishing for a new MBP today.....

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
I could see a lot of details about the iPhone being released.

It gets it out of the way before WWDC and allow the focus there to be on Leopard (and maybe hardware updates).

It its also the one thing that could trump MS and get Surface off the front pages (sorry, MBP updates, while nice, is not a huge story outside of the Mac community).

BlizZ10

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
can anyone tell me when this interview will take place between jobs and gates.... i want to know when i can expect to actually view it

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
This tidbit is interesting:

Why did Cingular agree to the iPhone deal? Jobs explains that there were two reasons: Music on phones hasn’t been very successful so far. With the iPod, users can do that. Second: Companies have spent a lot of money building these 3G networks, but they don’t have the consumer devices to really use them. Jobs says today’s cellphones deliver a “baby Internet” experience. Presumably, iPhone will deliver the “big-boy Internet” experience.

Walt: Any undisclosed iPhone features you’d like to share with us today?

Jobs: (Smiles) No.

hmm....... is he just toying with us?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
T Second: Companies have spent a lot of money building these 3G networks, but they don’t have the consumer devices to really use them.

....and the iPhone won't be that device, at least from the specs we've seen so far. It does NOT do 3G, unless the specs are changing. Apple bills EDGE as "high-speed," but barely twice the speed of dialup doesn't count as high speed in my book, especially considering UMTS/HSDPA is available on Cingular and is many times faster, and supported by many of the smartphones it will compete with.

Lack of the 3G is the primary reason I don't have any plans to get an iPhone. If the "big boy internet" experience is to be slow, I don't want it! Until Apple gets it right, I'm sticking with my Treo 750.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.