Apple Announces iPhone 3G Gift Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Nov 26, 2008.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

2. bettykoyle macrumors regular

It can also be used as a regular apple giftcard

its just 3G iPhone Themed

go to buy now

Note: The iPhone 3G Gift Card can also be used for all things Mac and iPod at the Apple Online Store or any Apple Retail Store.²

3. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Eh...
    when I bought my iPhone 3G, I used an Apple Store gift card. All I had to do was buy it with the cash I had in hand and then they swiped the card on their mobile didly... and I was on my way.

After they tethered the device to work....

4. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

5. 226896 Guest

I agree with the OP. What is the actual point of this? It's just a regular old gift card that I'm guessing can only be used to buy an iPhone. Seems pretty stupid to me.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's a nicer way to allow customers to "buy" an iPhone for others for Christmas, as you can't buy in store without activating.
    There's nothing different from buying a usually gift card, but it's a smart idea on Apple's part.

"Note: The iPhone 3G Gift Card can also be used for all things Mac and iPod at the Apple Online Store or any Apple Retail Store.²"

Reading is fun.

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Some people think gift cards are tacky gifts.
    These gives people a way to give an iPhone since there is no other way because activation is required.

And if it turns are the recipient doesn't want the iPhone they can use it on an iPod or a Mac.

8. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

is the gift card itself gonna look like the home screen of an iphone? 'cause that would be boss.

9. 226896 Guest

So the only difference between this gift card and any old Apple gift card is its appearance? Awesome!!!

10. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

This is a great idea. People can gift an iPhone to another person without having to buy it themselves (and having to enter in a contract).

This should be a popular gift option for buyers

11. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Lmao!

I was about to ask the same question until I read your post.:D