Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
What an ***** joke. Did they just act like they created the matter standard (that they were the last to join?)

I can already see my nest doorbell on my Apple Watch

Broadcast? The thing Google and Alexa have done for 5-6 years?

So basically, the home pod is actually going to do what every other smart speaker has been doing.

So underwhelming. With Apple using matter, no one will need Siri or home pods or smart home hardware that is limited in variety and only works with Apple.

What they didn’t promote with matter is… and the good update…. You can use your smart home stuff without the apple hassle of home kit soon. No home pod required.

The only thing I did like was the “key” feature…. Not pressing 4 buttons on my smart lock while carrying groceries and saving 1.8 seconds it a huge plus.
Why is it so important to you that Apple does the same thing as Google et al? Privacy one of the biggest reason there is such a chasm between what Apple allows and what others like Google, Amazon and others allow. I am happy to be on the privacy side.

If you are so unhappy that Apple isn't like the others, it seems to me you might be happier with the others.

Reactions: Nütztjanix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.