Apple Announces Siri, Kaleidoscope, and Disney Watch Faces in watchOS 4

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple announced three new types of Apple Watch faces as part of WatchOS 4 during its keynote at the Worldwide Developers Conference on Monday in San Jose, California.

A new Siri watch face powered by machine learning and "Siri intelligence" comes with a top left complication that allows the wearer to receive dynamically updating notifications from a range of Apple apps and services, like Apple Home, Calendar, and Weather. The watch face offers "proactive assistance" depending on your schedule and the time of day, according to Apple, and users can rotate the Crown for more details.

The second new watch face in WatchOS 4 is a "trippy" animating kaleidoscopic face that plays on photos in a user's photo album to generate visuals when the user rotates the crown.

The last new watch face is actually a set of three Disney inspired ones to supplement the existing characters. Woody, Jessy, and Buzz from Toy Story are included, and all have animating vignettes when interacted with.

Article Link: Apple Announces Siri, Kaleidoscope, and Disney Watch Faces in watchOS 4

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The Siri Watch face will be extremely useful with the Watch interface and keeping the user more in tune to the Users presences and applications.

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Love the additions to watchOS. Really like the idea of Siri watch face. Though I do wish they added even more watch faces.

Reactions: hortod1

hortod1

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Ugh. All I was hoping for was a dang 24-hour analog face, with a 4th hand to show UTC time. But nooooooo, I get TOY STORY?? Should come in handy as a pilot. Grrrrrrrr....

EBone12355

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2016
San Diego CA
Still waiting for a rectangular analog face similar to the one used for the Hermes edition. Really - the watch is rectangular, give me rectangular face options.

Reactions: jkruehne

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
As a daily Apple Watch user I'm pretty chuffed about this update. I'm not expecting much more from the Apple Watch OS now, at least in its current form.

Reactions: EBone12355

konaelaine

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2015
That's it?!? Toy Story characters. Wow, way to stay current there Apple! (Minions would have been better.) But I'm 60 years old and would have liked some more grown up options. But I would have used Minions now and then ;)

Reactions: EBone12355

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Still waiting for a rectangular analog face similar to the one used for the Hermes edition. Really - the watch is rectangular, give me rectangular face options.
This Seems to be a request by many. And although I agree with you, I'm not sure if Apple is going to be traveling this route anytime soon with rectangular face options. I think the bigger picture is, is they need to allow third-party access to developers to help design more watch faces for the Apple Watch that would be more accustomed to what somebody wants.

Reactions: jkruehne

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's it?!? Toy Story characters. Wow, way to stay current there Apple! (Minions would have been better.) But I'm 60 years old and would have liked some more grown up options. But I would have used Minions now and then ;)
Mickey and Minnie are fairly popular, and how old are those? It's not really about when they came about.

Scarletswimsuit

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2017
They can't so Minions because Minions are owned by Universal. Apple and Disney are in cahoots because Steve Jobs basically founded Pixar and ended up earning a seat on Disney's board and there are also a few Disney executives on the board at Apple. The two companies have always been pretty close. Just think of that next time Apple does anything Disney related.