Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today highlighted some of the winners of its Swift Student Challenge ahead of WWDC 2020 next week, including Sofia Ongele, Palash Taneja, and Devin Green. There are 350 winners in total from 41 countries and regions.

apple_swift-student-wnners_all-wnners_06162020_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

Apple profiled three other winners in an App Store story, including Lars Augustin, Maria Fernanda Azolin, and Ritesh Kanchi. Starting today, developers who submitted their applications can find out their status by signing in to the Challenge website with the Apple ID they used to submit their application, according to Apple.

Additional winners include Vincenzo Emmanuel Di Gennaro, Ailton Vieira Pinto Filho, Valentin Silvera, Karina Tronkos, Eliza Carvalho, Victor Kreniski, and Pasquale Vittoriosi.

In a normal year, the winners would have received free admission and accommodations for WWDC in San Jose, but this year's event is being held virtually. Each winner will still receive an exclusive WWDC 2020 jacket and pins and access to one-on-one developer labs with Apple engineers without paying for Apple Developer Program membership.

As in previous years, the newly named Swift Student Challenge tasked students with creating an interactive scene in a Swift playground that can be experienced within three minutes, as a way of showing Apple their coding abilities and creativity.

WWDC begins with a virtual keynote on Monday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.

Article Link: Apple Announces Swift Student Challenge Winners Ahead of WWDC Next Week

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Colson

Joe Colson

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2006
Cary, NC, USA
I know one of those kids. He's my grandson. And he's one of the smartest and most creative people I've ever known. I worked for AT&T Bell Labs for 30 years and worked with some of the most brilliant engineers and scientists of their time. Devin is in that league. I'm proud of him and all he's accomplished. Whether Apple is highlighting these three kids to make a broader point is immaterial to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
I know one of those kids. He's my grandson. And he's one of the smartest and most creative people I've ever known. I worked for AT&T Bell Labs for 30 years and worked with some of the most brilliant engineers and scientists of their time. Devin is in that league. I'm proud of him and all he's accomplished. Whether Apple is highlighting these three kids to make a broader point is immaterial to me.

You should be proud. He appears to be well on his way to great things. Congratulations on his win and future.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

That's fantastic! I suspect your Grandson (and the other kids) will have some outstanding opportunities.

Checked out your photography, beautiful work - in the Florida gallery there's a little hairy fellow wearing a mask, if you see him again tell him to stay out of my garbage cans ... :p

Reactions: Joe Colson

amartinez1660

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2014
So diverse. SWIFT... it's the language of the unheard.
As a C# game programmer at times myself for a decade now (i.e. I’m no real programmer in some circles) I know nothing about Swift let alone Objective-C. Let me tell you, briefly skimming through to get on it... that language can swiftly handle both the most advanced object oriented programming and most of the functional programming paradigms on same language, no pun. I found it overwhelmingly advanced to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.