Apple Announces 'Up Next Live' Concerts for its Retail Stores, Featuring Artists Like Khalid and Lewis Capaldi

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 1, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today announced a new series of live concerts that will be held in retail locations around the world this summer, under a new initiative called "Up Next Live." All of the artists playing concerts are alumni of Apple Music's Up Next program, which highlights up-and-coming musicians.

For Up Next Live, this includes Khalid, Bad Bunny, Jessie Reyez, King Princess, Lewis Capaldi, Daniel Caesar, and Ashley McBryde (via MacGeneration).

[​IMG]

The concerts will be held at places including Apple Union Square in San Francisco, Apple Champs-Élysés in Paris, Apple Carnegie Library in Washington, D.C., and Apple Michigan Avenue in Chicago. The event kicks off with Bad Bunny's performance at Apple Piazza Liberty on July 9, and then one concert will be held each week through Khalid's performance in Washington, D.C. on August 23.
    To get into each concert, you'll have to be 16 years of age or older, and register for tickets on Apple's website. Tickets will be free but are subject to a random draw; those who win will gain one ticket for themselves and one for a guest. All ticket registration closes on July 3, so those interested should check out Apple's ticketing site soon.

Article Link: Apple Announces 'Up Next Live' Concerts for its Retail Stores, Featuring Artists Like Khalid and Lewis Capaldi

2. poe diddley macrumors regular

i dunno honestly this does not sound appealing. Apple stores are such a source of stress and anxiety to everyone i know that i doubt they would be jumping for joy to go jam out in one of these hell holes. Honestly they better have really seriously in demand talent to overcome that. The better move would be to sponsor said events in venues in the same cities as the Apple stores.

3. avanpelt macrumors 68030

That's going to be interesting for people wanting to make a purchase or get their Apple products serviced on a concert day. Apple should just shut down the stores completely on concert days.

4. Rychiar macrumors 6502

Rychiar

yay lets promote terrible pop music

5. JetTester macrumors 6502

“Up and coming”, huh? Now Apple is a music promoter for artists that can’t make it in a Nashville honky tonk? Spreading it thin, guys.

6. rippley5150 macrumors regular

rippley5150

I think Apple should get Slayer to do a gig as they are retiring.
    It would never happen but would be awesome to see !!!!
    I've never heard of any of the artists they are promoting.
    I'm old lol

7. PlayUltimate macrumors regular

PlayUltimate

8. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Always makes me laugh when people complain about terrible pop artists, then claim that a terrible metal band is somehow a better alternative. :D

9. The Phazer macrumors 68030

The Music Festival was, rather crucially, in a properly designed music venue and not in a retail store taking away resource from operating a store where you can buy things and get faulty goods serviced.

10. Wilburx3 macrumors member

Wilburx3

11. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

Damn it is funny how every time Apple has a concert they have this pop artist obviously are well known and popular among specific age groups but everyone here or almost any other Tech Site don't really care because Pop is like EDM purely garbage one is mainstream for teens and the other is mainstream Electronic/Dance for hipsters.

Sad really so many great artist out there that are not getting heard truly the old MTV/VH1 sure brought a lot of small time artist careers either one hit wonders or more hits. Not going to blame Tim for this it has been this since Steve Jobs difference between them two Steve was just not about he was also into innovation Tim is not.

12. Wowereit macrumors 6502a

I hate that whole Apple Stores as part of culture thing.

Classes, art-BS and now concerts?

Maybe you should focus on quick and easy sales plus turn around times for repairs first. The new concept with Apple employees randomly running around is horrible.

"Meet me at Apple" isn't going to happen, get over it.

13. Smartass macrumors 65816

Khalid is just a fake version of DJ Khaled which we all adore and love!

14. Zenithal macrumors G3

Who? May as well have Ace of Base perform at this point.

15. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

It least I can listen to Ace of Base lol give Vengaboys while at it.

16. Zenithal macrumors G3

That's a band I haven't heard a song by in maybe 23 years.