Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
So I restored my iPhone earlier today, and while I was surfing for apps to redownload, I noticed that my App Store looked different and it wouldn't let me scroll up and down. Anyone else have this problem?

ytequnu2.jpg

ygyzyza9.jpg

Last edited:

djshack

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Boston, MA
I got this "new" App Store after wiping my phone and installing 6.1.3. First I thought, "wow, they fixed the crap App Store!" Then I realized it's basically the older App Store (which is great). I have a feeling this will change somehow shortly....

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
the store must somehow identify as not being on iOS6 and shows the older store,probably doesn't recognize the iOS 6.1.3 yet:p

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Something that's not all that uncommon especially initially after restoring the phone or putting a new OS from scratch. Usually the store reverts to its "normal" (new) iOS 6 version after a little bit.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I don't quite understand what's going on in this thread.

Have they reverted back to the old app store layout, or is this just some stupid bug.

For the record, the old app store layout looks a million times better, even with the new colour scheme.

djshack

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Boston, MA
It fixed itself late last night. Damn.

EDIT: It was fascinating using the old store for a while. The search, speed, and general use of it is significantly better than the current version. Crapple.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don't quite understand what's going on in this thread.

Have they reverted back to the old app store layout, or is this just some stupid bug.

For the record, the old app store layout looks a million times better, even with the new colour scheme.
Yep, pretty much just some stupid bug.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Apple App Store & iOS 6.1.2

Have you rebooted?

Yes I rebooted, then I started getting a "Too many Http redirects" when I went into the App Store.

----------

It fixed itself late last night. Damn.

EDIT: It was fascinating using the old store for a while. The search, speed, and general use of it is significantly better than the current version. Crapple.

I wouldn't have had a problem with it except it wouldn't let me scroll up or down.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.