Apple Application Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davo71, Aug 21, 2008.

1. davo71 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded a few applications from the store to my iPhone.

Now when I go to use any of them, I push the button to open them, they open up briefly then the iPhone goes back to the home screen.

Each of the programs will open for about 2 seconds then the phone defaults back to the home screen. They won't open up fully to use??

Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

Any thoughts?

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

3. PredatoryWasp86 macrumors member

you could try downgrading itunes to 7.7
    it has been reported this fixes this problem

4. wronski macrumors 6502

He doesn't even mention using iTunes. I think he just needs to restart the phone.

5. davo71 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

I have restarted/reset my phone - but to no avail.

I used itunes 7.7

Any more thoughts?

6. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

If nothing else works, i would probably go ahead and just do a fresh restore...make a backup (or simply let it backup) beforehand, though.

7. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

You do NOT have to go back to iTunes 7.7. I had this issue along with the deletion of all my audio/video and photos. At that time, I was running iPhone firmware 2.0.1 and iTunes 7.7.1. I simply deleted all my apps from my phone through iTunes, created a backup with my then "stock" iPhone 3G, added the apps and other desired media files, created another backup with the apps, then played with it and finally created one last backup. Not only did all the apps work and did I have access once again to all my media files, but I also got a bump in battery life.

My iPhone 3G has been rock-solid since last Saturday. Note that I didn't say 1st gen iPhone. I have had no issues with my 1st gen (now effectively an iPod touch :D) - only with the iPhone 3G. Rock-solid status aside, there are still issues with the iTunes App Store and the App Store on the iPhone keeping in sync with each other.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Do what HawaiiMacAddict did. We both went through this issue.