Apple approved BillMinder 2.0! WOOT!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by return7, Aug 27, 2009.

1. return7 macrumors 6502

Should hit your phones soon -- we're soooo excited about this release!

http://itunes.com/app/BillMinder

Changes in 2.0:
    - BEAUTIFUL AND EASIER TO USE NEW INTERFACE!
    - BEAUTIFUL New Icon!
    - Status icons
    - Account icons
    - 1-tap to mark bills paid
    - Improved calendar
    - Email a backup
    - More informative errors on restoring a backup (e.g. wrong file type)
    - Ask to change future bills or just current one
    - Collectors are now accounts
    - Improved performance
    - Ability to set negative bill amount has been restored (by popular demand!)
    - Alert count is now shown on the Bills tab
    - Bug fixes

We're going to raise the price back up later tonight, most likely, so you might want to grab it if you want it! <3 you all, MR!

EDIT: Thank you all so very much for your support on the App Store!!!

Attached Files:

• 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      96.9 KB
      Views:
  2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

3. Doju macrumors 68000

YES! This app is incredible, thanks for the update devs. :D

My favorite bill app hands down.

4. BigKyle macrumors member

Such an awesome app!

As a father of twin 5 month old boys, and mommy being a stay at home mom, this app really makes it easy to stay on top of my bills, at a quck glance i can see what due! and never fall behind!

Awesome app! a must have if you have bills to pay!!

5. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Try 2.0 and review it on the store, puh-lease!! We're hurting right now. Be honest, of course! :D

Edit: And more importantly thank you for the kind words -- it keeps us going. :)

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Awesome stuff. Im happy with the current version, but hey, im willing to give this one a shot.
    Definetly worth the money.

7. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a free update for current users! (But lots of <3 if you could leave a review for 2.0)

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Sure, I'll try to remember to do that. The App has been consistently reliable. I use it almost every day.

9. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you thank you, we would sincerely appreciate it, more than I can explain.

10. emergensee macrumors newbie

This app is great, the support from Return7 is great. It's well worth the money based on the savings from non-existent late fees. Thanks, look forward to the update.

11. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the kudos. It's very kind of you. It's our pleasure, really. Hope you like the update!

12. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

13. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

You're most welcome. By the way, if you guys go to the BillMinder page on the App Store and download the app, it'll update your current installation even if it isn't showing the update yet. :)

14. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm loving the screenshot you posted. I have FB 3.0 and this is my next most used app. Looking forward to the update!

15. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

You can get it now, if you want :)

16. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Love the new look and Bill Minder is a great app. I'll download the update and be sure to leave a review.

17. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. We sort of feel damned if we do, damned it we don't, at this point. Some folks don't like the look, for whatever reason. One (and probably more soon)left a negative review saying we ruined the app. Of course, this person left no rationale so we could actually try to address their concerns. And we didn't just want to leave existing users out in the cold by releasing 2.0 as separate paid application either. I guess we can't please everyone, but it's pretty frustrating to work so long on something and have such a negative response. C'est la vie. :(

18. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

In my opinion, anyone who thinks this app looks worse after the update just has poor taste. I realize different people like different things, but to me this update is a very clear step forward. As far as saying the update 'ruined' the app, I don't see how that's possible, as it still does the same things it did yesterday, and does so in a (yes, in my opinion) more attractive, polished way. Again, this is all MY opinion, so please keep any flaming to a minimum. I will say that green is my favorite color, so maybe that has something to do with it......

19. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

A few people here keep raving about this app, and it's always been among the top twenty or thirty apps in Japan iTunes, so at ¥115, and with PocketMoney integration, I thought I'd at least download it and see what it does. I'm not sure if I'll actually use it, but then I've downloaded apps on a whim before and they've become mainstays.

I'll leave an honest (not harsh review) of it in Japan iTunes if it turns out I use it.

20. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much. We do very much appreciate it. Please feel free to email if you have questions.

21. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thank you, I love the app, and I love how you continue to improve it.

22. return7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for YOUR support. We couldn't keep this up without our awesome customers.

23. hiddensphinx macrumors newbie

24. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Purchased your App and push notifications tonight. Looks good and seems to work well so far. Keep up the good work!

25. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Bought the app and push as wel a minute agol. Honestly I think an annual subscription of this amount is really cheap. Hope I like it though!