Apple apps not able to connect wirelessly.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OrangeToucan, Aug 21, 2007.

1. OrangeToucan macrumors newbie

I've spent the last 8 months having to go wired on my MacBook because I was abroad and finally got back to the US and my own wireless network. However, Apple programs such as Mail, iTunes and Safari are no longer able to connect to the internet. iChat though, can. I've long since used Adium and Firefox and can get online without a problem, but while Mail doesn't download/connect, Thunderbird does so without a problem.

I set up an encrypted network through an Airport Express and played with those settings. Encryption on/off, ranges, channels, etc. I've also another open wireless network within range, and they don't work through that either.

Everything is updated so far as I know. The Express got new firmware when I booted it in too. X.4.10 and TimeWarner cable.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try creating a new Location in System Preferences and reconfiguring your network settings there. It could be a custom proxy setting. :)

3. OrangeToucan thread starter macrumors newbie

My buddy came over with a MacbookPro and we did some stuff. All of his items worked so it had to be something on my laptop and it wasn't the proxies or firewall, as I went through those settings before. We hunted around, and apparently there's some problem with X.4.10 in getting wireless apps to work and the solution was to Repair Disk Permissions. That got Safari back up, which in turn kicked Google Earth, Mail and iTunes back into working order.