Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2018
I briefly signed up as two games caught my eye - The Enchanted World and Stela. The former I thoroughly enjoyed; however, the latter I really couldn’t get into based on the game’s control system used along with the iPad, and I really had high hopes for playing and finishing Stela.

I think I might re-subscribe once I pair a PlayStation controller to the AppleTV to play Stela on the TV instead.
Overall, I liked the service!

Sam Squanch

macrumors regular
May 10, 2018
For those video game gatekeepers/Apple haters... please just stop. There is enough room in the industry for all types of video game players. If someone isn't into hardcore games and likes more simple games they are all still video games. Ya' know different people like different things.

I'm older, have little interest in AAA games and prefer simpler games that are time wasters. I don't have the time to put in hours into a game and learn all the little nuances. I just want something fun easy to learn and pick up and isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg either through initial purchase or be nickeled and dimed to death through microtransactions.

The variety is pretty fantastic and even with my small window of the games I like I've found quite a few that have been really excellent. Inmost was fantastic, Grindstone is fun, Projection is great fun, Lifelike, Spek, Dear Reader, Lifeslide and Laces are all chill, laid back games that I need once in a while. Bleak Sword is a wonderful throwback to the 80's.

It's OK if these games aren't for you, but this looking down the nose to people who do like it and the service they think is a good deal for them is just childish.

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
I'm kind of wondering what kind of person pays a subscription fee for mobile phone games...
The same type of person or at least someone very similar who would pay for streaming computer games? Or who plays “free” games that have in app purchases that are either required or are the most entertaining events that happen in that game?

Reactions: jlc1978

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
For those video game gatekeepers/Apple haters... please just stop. There is enough room in the industry for all types of video game players. If someone isn't into hardcore games and likes more simple games they are all still video games. Ya' know different people like different things.

I'm older, have little interest in AAA games and prefer simpler games that are time wasters. I don't have the time to put in hours into a game and learn all the little nuances. I just want something fun easy to learn and pick up and isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg either through initial purchase or be nickeled and dimed to death through microtransactions.

The variety is pretty fantastic and even with my small window of the games I like I've found quite a few that have been really excellent. Inmost was fantastic, Grindstone is fun, Projection is great fun, Lifelike, Spek, Dear Reader, Lifeslide and Laces are all chill, laid back games that I need once in a while. Bleak Sword is a wonderful throwback to the 80's.

It's OK if these games aren't for you, but this looking down the nose to people who do like it and the service they think is a good deal for them is just childish.
It's so stupid. Completely agree with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.