Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its Apple Arcade gaming service to add a selection of new games to play. The main new addition is Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop, a game in Sega's popular Puyo Puyo series.

puyo-puyo-apple-arcade.png

In Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop, players match up Puyos of the same color to clear the board and cause damage to opponents. As with Tetris, Puyo pieces fall from the top of the screen and can be rotated and moved to make matches.

The game has a storyline to uncover by progressing through the levels, and there are 24 playable characters to unlock, with many from prior Puyo Puyo games. Different rule sets can be used, including options from Puyo Puyo 2 and Puyo Puyo Fever, and there is also an endless mode.

There is a single player mode to play, but there are also multiplayer battles. Up to four players can join through Game Center.

Super Monsters Ate My Condo, also new today, is a classic iOS game that's making a reappearance on Apple Arcade. The idea is swipe to feed condos to monsters, while also making color matches for high scoring combos.

The third game available on Apple Arcade is Sago Mini Trips+, which is designed for children.

Later this month, Apple plans to release Crossy Road Castle and Solitaire Stories, games that will be available on the Vision Pro headset.

Apple Arcade is priced at $6.99 per month for up to six people, and it features more than 200 titles.

Article Link: Apple Arcade Gains Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop, Super Monsters Ate My Condo and More

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
Right, that's what we do thanks to Target & BB codes, rotating between family members. Use it since launch and never paid a cent. BUT. I have more fingers than the games we played combined, family of 4.
It’s been a while since I tried, I don’t bother with trial codes any more. I may give it a go again, not sure if it changed much.

Reactions: Jovijoker

sc00ba

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2024
Why on earth would Apple, originally a computer company, open their own tv studio and not a gaming studio that could create games for their now third generational, custom Apple silicon? Oh I know, so Timmy boy can inject his company’s so called “altruistic” ideologies, into the content because it’s much easier to do that with a movie or tv show than a game where you have to have some sort of gameplay every now and then.

Not to mention they’re sooooo altruistic at Apple they keep pushing prices of their devices up and up, in these very VERY tough times at present, just like every other company

Yeesh🙄.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know about the new additions. But with the current catalogue of games don't think it is worth subscribing to Arcade. I think many will be having access to it through Apple One.

Reactions: gusmula

MacFarmer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2022
Super Monsters Ate My Condo is a nice game. Still have it on my old ipads and iphones.

Reactions: Spock

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Not worth the monthly sub, only use it if free trial is available

Apple Arcade is only around because of Apple One.

It will stick around, it has found its niche. Apple has made the App Store such a cesspool that no parent would trust their children on it. At least with Apple Arcade there's a safe selection of games for kids. This is highly impractical with the wider app store now.

It's not what anyone, probably including Apple, expected but it's working to solve a problem they created.

Just hope those kids don't care about their game saves when they age out.

Skimac

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
The Apple Arcade store is horrible you better off just downloading the 1000s of games that’s free on the AppStore instead of paying for a subscription with mediocre games

• Disagree
Reactions: com.B and Rychiar

Havoc035

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2021
For what Arcade is offering, Apple should actually have decreased its price. Those games are definitely not worth $6.99/month.

True, $6.99/month brings it way too close to Game pass pricing territory. Actual value of Apple Arcade may be $2.99/month or so.

Reactions: O.N.Y.X
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.