Apple Arcade Now Has 100 Games With Addition of New Titles Today, Including 'Guildlings'

4jasontv

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2011
There's something that I hate about adding monthly payments to my life, even if I think it's worth what I'm paying. My only subscriptions are Apple Music (which gives me Apple TV+ for free) and Netflix. I'm probably going to end up cancelling Netflix 😂
For me all subscriptions come with a little stress. It's just the reminder that I owe someone money. It's hard to explain, but one bill for $10 is less stress than two bills for $5 each. If I had one charge each month for all my Apple services and didn't get a discount it would still be worth it because I would think "I owe X amount on the Nth of the month" and then stop thinking about it.

I get why they don't do it that way. Paying a little every week feels like less money overall. For me, if you are not worried about being able to afford it that doesn't mean you don't worry about keeping track of it.

I don't know. I'm probably just being neurotic.

wolfshades

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario Canada
How many of you killed your subscription before the free trial ended? I mean other than me. Somehow I don't feel like we're ready for cloud gaming. For me, the lag on Frogger was enough to kill any enthusiasm.

theOmega

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2018
I did the trial, and canceled, there was some nice games there with Sayonara deserving every praise it's getting, but nothing else really hooked me up, reckon they should take the Apple TV + approach on this, less is more.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
Damn it! Apple, I’m still not able to finish Grindstone. Stuck at ~Level 90 and then work called. 🙁

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
Apple Arcade is still nowhere to be found in Hong Kong and Macau. 🤦🏻‍♂️

femike

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I think its great for kids, they can try many games. Although I hope kids try other activities other than their heads being stuck in a screen.
Its also good for people who don't mind paying for many subscriptions for services they use sparingly.
Subscriptions are a fantastic and reliable source of revenue for companies, they'll be many more to come.

Benjamid

macrumors member
May 15, 2016
Apple Arcade is much better than I thought it would be! Love Bleak Sword, easily my favorite mobile game so far!!!

Reactions: George Dawes

MacBH928

macrumors 68040
May 17, 2008
I’m starting to suffer from “subscription fatigue” with so many paid services now.
Don't worry, its the birth of the business model just like when there was first a million videogame consoles, now we have 3. It always start with many competitors and then falling one after the other, the bad news is that it will turn into a competition less oligopoly where the companies force their methods on the people. Think AT&T and Verizon.

djgamble

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
I’m starting to suffer from “subscription fatigue” with so many paid services now.
Yeah every recurring bill adds up ay? While I'm not short of coin these days (have been previously + this means I lost a lot of online stuff I thought I 'needed'), I periodically dump a bunch of recurring bills because I'm sick of paying for stuff I don't use.

Some people don't though. For example I have a Second Life subscription and one of my 'neighbours' signed up for a premium membership ~12 years ago so that he could participate in some random 'getting into science' conference. He got a small block of land, placed a hollow cube on it (as a 'house') and put 2 spheres together to make a 'snowman'. He was then like 'cool... this is awesome tech to showcase the modern digital era... goodbye!' Since then he has been paying ~$10 a month plus ~$100 a year to have a cube and two spheres sit on that land doing absolutely nothing. I've tried messaging him multiple times to say 'hey dude... can I buy this land and take it on because you are not using it?' No response because he never plays.

I dunno who this guy is. However, it's a massive waste of money and I reckon there must be a heap of companies making $$$ from inactive customers.

redpandadev

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
I wish that Apple would mandate availability on all platforms simultaneously in order to publish to Apple Arcade.

It seems very close (92%) is available on Mac but I want this number to be 100%. Presumably these games are already “modern” meaning they use modern APIs tamhat can be ported to Mac using Catalyst and be good to go... the only little bit of extra work would be keyboard and mouse controls, which shouldn’t be so bad.

George Dawes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
I wish they’d push the hardware with some decent looking games . The iPad has some stunning looking titles .

Is it capable of Lego level gaming , maybe borderlands, or am I being silly ?

Doc C

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
This is starting to be attractive, especially with kids in the household.
Exactly.
For about $6.50 or so Cdn per month, and with Family Share, I can get a bunch of potentially interesting games for six of us. I still end up getting other games here and there, but for now, it seems to have decreased the number, and the net cost per month seems to be less. (Whether this continues over time remains to be seen - that will likely depend on the quality of games that are released via Apple Arcade in the future, though after reviewing the quality and variety of games thus far, I suspect it will remain a net benefit)

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008

Apple Arcade today added six new games to the subscription service, all available to play on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (via Engadget):

Discolored by Shifty Eye: A surreal, first-person puzzle adventure game that tasks you with restoring the color to a once-vibrant world.
Guildlings by Sirvo Studios: A story-driven episodic adventure from the maker of Threes, telling a lighthearted coming-of-age fantasy story about a group of friends on a mythical quest.
Sociable Soccer by Rogue Games: A fast-paced, cross-platform soccer game that includes gameplay on the soccer field and also a full team management system.
UFO on Tape: First Contact by Revolutionary Concepts: An AR game that puts you in the shoes of a UFO hunter.
Takeshi & Hiroshi by Oink Games: A 1-hour long short story about two brothers, taking place in the real world and inside of a role playing game that one of the brothers is making.
Marble It Up: Mayhem! by The Marble Collective: A puzzle game where you have to safely navigate a marble across vast and treacherous landscapes. All six games are available to play on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, with Discolored, Guildlings, and Sociable Soccer also available on Mac.

With the addition of these six games, Apple Arcade has now reached 100 total games on iOS and tvOS, and 92 on macOS. Apple has been adding new games to Apple Arcade over the weeks, following the service's launch on September 19.

With a $4.99/month subscription to Apple Arcade, you can gain unlimited access to these 100 games for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (as well as many on the Mac). If the game is on Apple Arcade, it does not have any in-app purchases or ads of any kind.

Article Link: Apple Arcade Now Has 100 Games With Addition of New Titles Today, Including 'Guildlings'
Here's a tip regarding Apple's services. Buy discounted Apple App Store/music gift cards(lots of deals as much as 20% off around the holidays) and use them to pay. That added to the full year discount price makes a very good deal.

Reactions: PickUrPoison

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
Cat Quest 2 was worth the first $5 (after trial), since I would've bought that right away anyway (and it was just as good, if not better, than the first), same with Oceanhorn 2 which is next on my list to play. After that, though, I'll need more Action/RPG type titles to keep the subscription going.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Square/Final Fantasy game coming at some point?