Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
i bought my first mac abt 1 week and a half ago, a macbook, it came scatched up so i took it back and now my second one's case is coming apart on the left hand side and is squidgy, so im takin it back 2morro and i want them 2 fix it which i hope they will, but 2 problems in a week and a half is abit much rite??

thats why they p@ss@n me off rite now cos i really like mac and was saving for time and lookin forward to gettin my first mac but this is just becomin a hassle i previously had a toshiba sattelite and a hp each for a year and not 1 problem with either of them.

come on apple fix up

JNB

macrumors 604
+1... :confused:

apple IS starting to PISS you off??

Well, the British (and I'm assuming other European nations) refer to companies in the collective, rather than the singular as we do in the States. We look at a company as an individual entity (because that's how it stands legally), and refer to it as such. It is still annoying to my tender Yank ears, nonetheless!

Beyond that, I do wish folks would rant in more or less complete sentences, as opposed to txt spk.

kurzz

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Well, the British (and I'm assuming other European nations) refer to companies in the collective, rather than the singular as we do in the States. We look at a company as an individual entity (because that's how it stands legally), and refer to it as such. It is still annoying to my tender Yank ears, nonetheless!

Beyond that, I do wish folks would rant in more or less complete sentences, as opposed to txt spk.

:p Not just yankees..it hurts us canadian ears too..even though we follow the british spelling for everything else.

But yeah, the first post reminds me of "Boomhauer (sp)" from the show King of the Hill. Apple is funny.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I have not a clue of what you just wrote.

LMAO, my thoughts exactly

lol learn how to read then, his writing is quite easy to read.. (i thought).

i bought my first mac abt 1 week and a half ago, a macbook, it came scatched up so i took it back and now my second one's case is coming apart on the left hand side and is squidgy, so im takin it back 2morro and i want them 2 fix it which i hope they will, but 2 problems in a week and a half is abit much rite??

thats why they p@ss@n me off rite now cos i really like mac and was saving for time and lookin forward to gettin my first mac but this is just becomin a hassle i previously had a toshiba sattelite and a hp each for a year and not 1 problem with either of them.

come on apple fix up

i dont understand... your getting fed up after 2 small incidents, that have occured in the first week(ish) of you owning your first mac? thats a pretty short fuse if you ask me, you know that your going to get a free replacement if you havent done it (donno why scratches would be on the case anyhow its rapped up completely!). just give it time, youll be loving it soon!

bplein

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
Austin, TX USA
lol learn how to read then, his writing is quite easy to read.. (i thought).

The development of text speak was important due to limited message sizes and hard-to-use key/entry systems for SMS systems. It bled over to IM even though there you typically have real keyboards.

To use it here is the same as saying "I'm lazy, and I expect you do do extra work interpreting my messages". That's just plain rude.

I get on my daughter about this. OK, "txt spk" in iChat, I can understand that. I expect any emails she sends to family, however, to be typed out in reasonable facsimile of standard English.

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
HAHAHAHA MAKING FUN OF SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ON THE INTERNET OH MACRUMORS YOU ARE TRULY BRINGING THE LULZ TODAY

(apple fans aren't elitists, where would you get that impression)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
The development of text speak was important due to limited message sizes and hard-to-use key/entry systems for SMS systems. It bled over to IM even though there you typically have real keyboards.

To use it here is the same as saying "I'm lazy, and I expect you do do extra work interpreting my messages". That's just plain rude.

I get on my daughter about this. OK, "txt spk" in iChat, I can understand that. I expect any emails she sends to family, however, to be typed out in reasonable facsimile of standard English.

give the fella a break, he is just trying to vent his problems like so many other people on the internet. this is the internet, there is no technical way of speaking and we can all speak how we want. who really gives a stuff?? if you couldnt understand the OP then your probably too old and out of the loop :p dont worry though, youll get used to it. ;)

whats wrong with trying to get a little help? we all speak differently, we dont slam people who cant speak/type english properly because it isnt their native language, so why should we slam a young child or ANYONE else??

I are disappointed with this thread. ;)

We all am disappointed with this thread. :p

thers nothing wrong wit it.

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
my second one's case is coming apart on the left hand side and is squidgy
my macbook has had the case separation problem since purchasing it. i've made no attempts in repairing it since the case has remained structurally the same since day one and the almost zero centimeters of case separation doesn't really bother me. also, all macbooks have a left squishy side.

of course, that's just the way i feel, so if you don't, feel free to give apple hell.

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
give the fella a break, he is just trying to vent his problems like so many other people on the internet. this is the internet, there is no technical way of speaking and we can all speak how we want. who really gives a stuff?? if you couldnt understand the OP then your probably too old and out of the loop :p dont worry though, youll get used to it.

Or you could just be retarded to write this way and even moreso to defend writing in an illiterate manner. Big difference between a typo here and there or being lax in some grammatical rules and riting like ur smsing cuz its leet, n its you're not your. lol@u

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
the reason im upset after just 2 incidents is because i used two different notebook in the last two years that had absolutely no problems and cost alot less, dont get me wrong i am happy with the mac it is faster, more enjoyable and alot more accessible than windows notebooks.

im going to take it in today, do u think tht they will fix the case i dont wnat a replacement as i have set my router/port preferences on this one and have some files also.

and for the macrumours scholars of the english language who cant read my post as it is not to your standards i will write my next thread up in shakesperian english for you ;). and i am not 13 years old lol what 13 year old do you know with a mac lolol im 21.

thanks for the replies.

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
yo randman relax bro, some people may become offended by your response, i may have dyslexia for all you know and anyway this is a forum about macs not spelling,

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Or you could just be retarded to write this way and even moreso to defend writing in an illiterate manner. Big difference between a typo here and there or being lax in some grammatical rules and riting like ur smsing cuz its leet, n its you're not your. lol@u
haha like i seriously even care bout my typing on here. you ahve no authority and people can write how they wish. its a forum about computers not about spelling (however if you want to go find one i wouldnt stop you). typos normally come because im typing quickly to help out people, im sure if you wanted help that youd want replied ASAP.

you can be a complete tight-ass about stuff if u want haha not my problem.

the reason im upset after just 2 incidents is because i used two different notebook in the last two years that had absolutely no problems and cost alot less, dont get me wrong i am happy with the mac it is faster, more enjoyable and alot more accessible than windows notebooks.

im going to take it in today, do u think tht they will fix the case i dont wnat a replacement as i have set my router/port preferences on this one and have some files also.

and for the macrumours scholars of the english language who cant read my post as it is not to your standards i will write my next thread up in shakesperian english for you ;). and i am not 13 years old lol what 13 year old do you know with a mac lolol im 21.

thanks for the replies.

aahh ok that makes a bit more sense then.

i wouldnt worry about getting a new replacement, they could migrate all of your HD contents onto the new machine, you wouldnt even notice a difference!

donno what peoples problem is aye, im 19 :) its just the lingo these days haha

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
ok well the hd migrating makes things alot eaier thanks for the help, it is much appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.