Apple Arghhh... thought they were sensible!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trackbikes, Mar 29, 2011.

1. trackbikes macrumors regular

I have made the decision to swap my company and personal computing/phone needs across to Apple.

Today I ordered Iphones , waiting for the new iMac before i order them.

So I go and set up an Itunes account as i know I'll need to get apps.

Because my company is based in the South of Spain it seems that Apple will only let me have a Spanish iTunes account despite the fact I speak no Spanish.

They say this is because i want to use a Spanish credit card to pay... of course i do we have a Spanish bank.

It seems they are totally inflexible and don't realize that people have offices all over the world.

As a demo of how stupid this is.. I could really use the word Lens app to translate Spanish to English BUT I can only buy the Spanish language version..

so 3 questions.....

So is the rest of my relationship with apple going to be the same?

Is there any way of getting access to an English app store for my iphone?

How much will the new iMacs rely on the app store ?

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I don't know if people here can help, but Apple support would be happy if you called them. They should know the answers to this.

3. seajay96 macrumors 6502

I can't even begin to understand all of the complexities of international commerce, but I doubt that it's Apple, I'm sure they would be more than willing to sell you anything they can but are constrained by pesky little things like licensing, royalties, taxes, laws, etc...

I live in Paris and have both an American account and a French account; all you need is an American address and credit card to setup the account you want. Btw, even though it's on the Spanish site, a lot of apps (not all, but a lot) are able to switch to the English language, especially if they are made by an english speaking developer.

Regarding your last question, I assume you mean the Mac Appstore and not the iOS appstore. Of course, there will be a lot of small scale developers who only offer their product on the App store, but most developers of any size will have other means to download and install or even to buy an actual DVD.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think if you get a US itunes gift card you can log in to the US itunes store.
    And then use that gift card till it runs out and then use a credit card to fund more purchases if need it.
    But I'd call Apple to get more details.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

you don't have a personal card as well? Only a work credit card?

You could always either order online or go to a store and get some iTunes giftcards (places like staples and best buy sell them), then do your account using just the iTunes cards...its slightly less convinent, but its always an option

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

7. Tapiwa macrumors member

You can create an Itunes account from any country you want, without using a credit card.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Then all you need is a gift card for paid apps. :)

8. JohnBossu macrumors member

same situation here, I live in Netherlands but not really understand dutch. I do learn a little bit of dutch though, so now its no problem for me to browse any website that is completely in dutch.

But for your problem, of course you can make account for any country you want, I have Dutch, US, and Indonesian accounts. As for my US account, I don't have any credit card to pay and paypal also doesn't work (source of fund is from Netherlands) so I use the itunes gift card.

9. DarkCloud2015 macrumors member

DarkCloud2015

You need a US credit card. I don't live in the US, but I have a US iTunes account.