Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Just got and replied to the 11 question questionnaire now the waiting game begins. its cool to see all the helpful info and support from others going thru the process :apple:

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I read a message in the past that mentioned folks that got hired slowed down the posting here. Just wanted to toss in possible reasons why. Just a few options to calm the fears of those searching and waiting...

Anonymity is a big thing at Apple.

Once you start learning in class, the amount of information you are given to process can be almost overwhelming. Not impossible, but substantially great. Time after class is spent processing vs surfing.

Did I mention anonymity?

Be patient, know that care and empathy for your customer is a huge factor for being the one they hire. Read this forum and review questions that were asked and align yourself with giving the proper responses. You'll find yourself patiently awaiting a delivery of boxes.

This really is a cool company to be involved with.

ReverendJ

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Received the Questionnaire!

After to applying to several different cities over three months, I received the 11 question email last night. I replied this morning and am waiting on pins and needles. I've read most of the 174 pages of this thread, but I curious recently - how long from the first email until the next step? The email mentioned a March start date.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
After to applying to several different cities over three months, I received the 11 question email last night. I replied this morning and am waiting on pins and needles. I've read most of the 174 pages of this thread, but I curious recently - how long from the first email until the next step? The email mentioned a March start date.

My full timeline is on page 152. It was pretty quick for me.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Finished Nesting today.

We go live tomorrow.

I have been averaging around 30 calls a day.

30 is on the high side for an average 8 hour day. My average in iOS for an 8 hour shift is mid twenties, the team average is low 20's. I can tell you that the number of calls you complete is the last thing they look at. In terms of importance it goes csats first, then schedule adherence, then logging, then finally AHT. Too, you don't want a really high escalation rate and you also want at least a few APP attachments as well. Keep your csats high and they'll give you a little more flexibility with other metrics.

Hit my 90 days a little while ago and now shopping for a heavily discounted MBP :D

Last edited:

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
30 is on the high side for an average 8 hour day. My average in iOS for an 8 hour shift is mid twenties, the team average is low 20's. I can tell you that the number of calls you complete is the last thing they look at. In terms of importance it goes csats first, then schedule adherence, then logging, then finally AHT. Too, you don't want a really high escalation rate and you also want at least a few APP attachments as well. Keep your csats high and they'll give you a little more flexibility with other metrics.

Hit my 90 days a little while ago and now shopping for a heavily discounted MBP :D

What are APP attachments? How often do you find yourself escalating?

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012

Hey congrats did the reply come from an @apple ? Want to make sure I don't miss it

theone19

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Work Hours

I have a quick question

For part time what are the time you have to work for example 9-9

can you you request to work at certain times.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

FlashFlare11

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Hi everyone!

I had applied about a little over a year ago for a position in an Apple Store in Philadelphia but never heard anything back. Today, I noticed an opening for the At-Home Advisor job that opened yesterday. I said "Why not?" and applied. Within the same hour, a recruiter contacted me asking about my availability in the next week. All-in-all, my first interview is going to be via Skype tomorrow afternoon.

I have a few questions:
1. I am a student in university, but I applied through Apple's website, so I assume this is a corporate position (right?). Would I still be able to work 20-25 hours a week? I can do the training over my winter break (which just started today) and would love a work-from-home position during the school year.

2. I don't own nor have ever owned any Apple products, though I'm pretty well versed on how to navigate through iOS and iPods. I don't have nearly as much experience on Mac OS X. At how much of a disadvantage will I be because of this? Are we trained on Apple software and hardware extensively? And how much of this knowledge is needed for the interview?

3. I noticed a lot of people had phone interviews and then had the virtual interview. I also noticed that it took a long time for some to hear back from a recruiter. My first interview is a virtual interview and that was set up only hours from the initial inquiry. Any good signs from this?

4. I have a seasonal job right now, but am really hoping to get this position. With the training being 4 weeks long at full-time, will I be able to have enough time to at least leave my current position on good terms and start and finish training by the third week of January?

5. Finally, for those that have already started, congratulations! What is the job like? I've never had a position like this before and was wondering if it allows for a better work-life balance than traditional jobs. Students, do you find that it's easier to manage coursework with work and your personal lives?

I really appreciate this forum for the wealth of information it has offered to me. Thank you to all who have posted and anyone who can relieve me of some of me concerns. Good luck to all those applying and to those awaiting responses!

iFarmer

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
I have a few questions:
1. I am a student in university, but I applied through Apple's website, so I assume this is a corporate position (right?). Would I still be able to work 20-25 hours a week? I can do the training over my winter break (which just started today) and would love a work-from-home position during the school year.

Training is set by Apple, so it can't be guaranteed to be over your Winter break. This is a corporate position, with work hours set by Apple for 90 day periods. You won't be able to tell them if you have classes certain days etc. I don't believe they intend this position for students, but I believe they have an on-campus version (though I'm not sure, but it's something to look into).

FlashFlare11

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Training is set by Apple, so it can't be guaranteed to be over your Winter break. This is a corporate position, with work hours set by Apple for 90 day periods. You won't be able to tell them if you have classes certain days etc. I don't believe they intend this position for students, but I believe they have an on-campus version (though I'm not sure, but it's something to look into).

Thanks for the response!

I am a bit concerned by this. I listed it in my status as a student in my application, resume, and explicitly stated it in my cover letter. I just hope the recruiter took that into account when she considered my application, and that a part-time position is available. I'd hate to have to turn down a potential job offer simply because I couldn't meet their requirements.

EDIT: Just took a look at the job posting again and saw what had attracted my attention in the first place: 20 hours a week. I completely forgot that it was a part-time position! That's a HUGE relief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.