Apple authorized a MBP replaced, now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. thadoggfather Suspended

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #1
    Got an early 2008 mbp, it's a lemon tho. typing on it now but it has a series of issues, like the hard drive is on its way out im pretty sure, clicking noises and distorting any video i watch.

    apple authorized a replacement last week, i just have to call them and get it all squared away. i dont need arrandale power but latest and greatest would be nice

    very tempted to call apple tonight and seal the deal on a replacement laptop. what do you think? after all, it's not like i'm forking 2K over this laptop, its a free (well sort of, despite issues and paying for Apple care) replacement...

    ive played the waiting game long enough i think. today was the tipping point, i just want a unibody and a working machine. if this one craps out in the middle of the semester, i am going to be livid when i have tons of work to do.... what would you do?
     
  2. WHM macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Location:
    South
    #2
    Nothing new today so might as well go and get one now? I have an early 2008 also and want a new unibody..disappointed nothing to but thr iPad
     
  3. phrint macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Location:
    Ohio
    #3
    The same saying applies here. If you need one now, buy. If you don't then wait. Updates are not going to magically appear out of the sky anytime soon so you are the one with the decision to make. If you don't care about Arrandale then get the current stock now.
     
  4. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #4
    apple is trying to pawn off a base 15" 9400M model at me, I told him I want 9400+9600M model as I have an 8600M gt (which is discrete) to be replaced with a 9600M model (discrete also). The guy I was dealing with didn't understand this concept of discrete and integrated graphics...
     
  5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #5
    lol thats bs. Argue for a 17 inch because your old model had it. Being serious. That's what I plan on doing. I don't want a broken machine but I don't want my expresscard ssd to be useless.
     
  6. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #6
    I called the original guy I dealt with who offered me the 9400M/9600M combo model, unless he did it erroneously. Will be speaking with him on Saturday, will let you all know how this goes...

    I'm beginning to hate Apple. They try to be so convenient and end up coming across as pretentious, arrogant, an uneducated (mostly, there are exceptions).
     
  7. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2010
    Location:
    east coast
    #7
    Hey I am in customer service and I can tell you there is no shortage of people that want something for nothing.....and don't deserve it. These guys probably deal with a ton of assclowns on a daily basis. However I am not saying that in your case. Just be persistent and kiss their ass. If you do that it always works. You know blow smoke up their buts and tell em what they wanna hear. You will most assuredly get your way . The ol statement of kill em with kindness always works.
     
  8. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

    tcphoto

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2005
    Location:
    Madison, GA
    #8
    I believe that they will give you 30 days to do the exchange. If you think that an update is coming, I would wait till the last couple of days. Otherwise, it is free and you can't beat free.
     

Share This Page