Apple Authorized Repair and Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by packcubsmu, May 14, 2015.

1. packcubsmu macrumors newbie

So I spilled a small amount of soda on my macbook pro retina 13" and although everything works perfectly fine, the trackpad has lost a lot of its mechanical motion and clicking. I have applecare and am going to take it into apple to see what they say, but the local Apple Authorized Repair shop estimated the cost at about 80-100$. If apple comes back and tells me its gonna be outrageously expensive and I do go with the repair center, will they report it to apple and have my applecare voided?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You spilled soda into your rMBP. The warranty is void. If you take it in to Apple, they will most likely record the information.

3. packcubsmu thread starter macrumors newbie

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The Apple Authorized reseller I used to work at would have also noted the liquid damage and voided the warranty.

5. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

Whatever you do, do not take it to Apple. As stated they will make notes and then offer to repair it at a cost of almost a new one.

Take it to a third party if you don't know what your doing and have them clean it up and replace the trackpad if need be.

Seems to be a lot of "I spilt a drink" threads as of late... I'm never drinking anything near mine lol