Apple Authorized Service Provider?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smurray, Mar 7, 2013.

1. smurray macrumors regular

My 15" rMBP recently developed both a dead pixel and image retention. The closest Apple store is about an hour away. There is an Authorized Apple Service Provider (AASP) in my town however, but I have no experience with them. Would taking my computer to them be as good as taking it to Apple, or should I drive the extra 45 minutes and take it to an actual Apple store?

2. comics addict macrumors 6502a

That depends on their particular quality of service. Where I live at, there are no Apple Stores, so all my repair & service options are through AASP. They're service was, in my particular case, hit or miss due to my issue (a faulty logic board) but this can fluctuate depending on place, parts that they receive and the technician at hand so don't let my experience stop you. Every repair & service center is different but what you absolutely need to confirm is that they indeed are authorized by apple to due repairs and offer service for them, instead of just a unofficial capacity, although this may not apply to you by the looks of it. If you want I would verify on this link to confirm all AASP close to you before deciding on just this two options.https://locate.apple.com/country

3. smithk macrumors newbie

Service Provider

I know I have a Mac too thanks God I live close to a Apple store. You can try this website they may have a service provider in your area... www.qwotester.com

4. smurray thread starter macrumors regular

I know I have an AASP in my area, I just don't know anything about them. If I will get better service at an actual Apple store then I'll make the drive, just wasn't sure what to expect.