Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Apple has authorized two $1 charges on my credit card. Like most everyone else, I had to try a couple times before the system would take the payment, however, it only gave me an order number and "successful ordering" page once. I have not yet received my email confirmation. I know everything is wacky with the store right now, but has anyone come across this before?

I was one of the apparently few bucky lastards who actually got an order in via AT&T. I'm glad my dog had to poop at 5AM, so I was awake and online.

AT&T has charged my card the full enchilada of $467 and some change for two 16GBs and a case. No $1, just slam, full charge.

But hey, at least that gives me confidence that my order is "in".

TonySCV

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
I have 3 $1 charges pending, plus a $367.15 charge from Apple which is for the phone itself. I'll get the $1 charges dealt with later - at least I have an order # and I know they charged me for the phone.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
The $1 charges are generally pre-authorization charges -- essentially making sure your credit card CAN be charged and is not fake or that it has sufficient funds. It is also worth noting that they are usually either charged back, or applied toward the full purchase price.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Same here, as well as the $320ish charge for the order. That will quite often happen when I pay for gasoline, so I'm just going to monitor those over the next few days. The charges don't actually show up, but my credit card says I have about $1,000 less than I should based on the charges I have made. I even got a call from fraud prevention to make sure my card hadn't been stolen.

This is one of the many reasons you should NEVER pay online with a debit card. Most of us have more credit available than cash in our checking accounts. Credit is also easier to get back than money from checking.

awestruck

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I was one of the apparently few bucky lastards who actually got an order in via AT&T. I'm glad my dog had to poop at 5AM, so I was awake and online.

AT&T has charged my card the full enchilada of $467 and some change for two 16GBs and a case. No $1, just slam, full charge.

But hey, at least that gives me confidence that my order is "in".

You were already charged? That's weird, because when I ordered mine off the AT&T website it said that no transactions will show up until the phone ships.

You were already charged? That's weird, because when I ordered mine off the AT&T website it said that no transactions will show up until the phone ships.

Yeah, I read that too. But, She Who Must Be Obeyed said she saw the item as a charge, not a pre-auth, in online banking this evening. If I get the phones, I'm cool with it. If not, I will join the hoards when we pillage the castle and storm the walls.

Dibs on a pitchfork.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
I finally got to order two from Apple.com. I have two $1.00 charges pending, as well as the price for the two phones!!

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
2 x $1

and

1 x unit price

not even going to worry about the $1 charges.

still irritated that my ebay sells turned out to have 9% final price fees :mad:

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
My total is $216.17.
I have three $1 charges, and one $216.16 charge (not a typo, two-hundred dollars and sixteen cents).
I think this happened when I ordered my 3G, then when it was shipped, it was all cleared and I was charged $216.17.

Pheelyx

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Arkansas
I have 2 $1 charges from placing order with AT&T. But still no email from them and nothing showing with order status page.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
My total is $216.17.
I have three $1 charges, and one $216.16 charge (not a typo, two-hundred dollars and sixteen cents).
I think this happened when I ordered my 3G, then when it was shipped, it was all cleared and I was charged $216.17.

Did you have to have a total of $434.33 in your account? Or was the pending of $216.16 just pushed through?

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
I now have three $1 charges. My available credit seems to be about $300 lower than it should be, but there's no indication why. I don't know what's going on.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
They are just Pending charges used for authorization, they should drop off in a few days, along with the charge for the full price of the phone. Apple will charge your card the full amount when the phone ships.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.