Apple back to School and original receive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lykos1986, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Lykos1986 macrumors member

Dear all! I have recently persuaded a 13” MPB together with the 8GB iPod Touch as a Back to School Promotion. Yesterday I fill the online rebate form with my personal details as well as the apple store receive code.

The online rebate form says that I have to send via mail the printed online form, the retail store receive and the barcodes of the devices. And here is my question. Is it possible to submit a photo copy of the receive and the bar codes? I am saying that because firstly if I submit the original receive I will not have any clue of buying this stuffs (and maybe I am gone I need it later) and secondly because I don’t want to destroyed the original boxes by cutting the barcodes off.

Any help???

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. advocate macrumors regular

I'm not looking forward to cutting up my beautiful MBP and iPod boxes, either, but it looks like there's no choice.

4. Lokrado macrumors regular

I did the exact same thing, didn't cut up the mbp box, only the box the box came in :p

5. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I never sent all that stuff in. I think I applied for the rebate online.

6. Lykos1986 thread starter macrumors member

I think as well that I have to sent the originals to Apple.

I have applied for the rebate online, but in the end of the process they told me that I have to print the online form and submitted in the indicated address together with the receive and the barcodes of the boxes. After Apple receive the envelop, they will continue the process of my rebate.

7. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

that's so strange because all i did to get my rebate was enter my online order code :confused:

8. HikariYuki macrumors member

Same here when I bought my mbp in 09 with the ipod touch and printer, the genius gave me the receipt and said go to this website. Then on the rebate website enter the number on the receipt and said that's it. No cutting bar codes or anything.

9. Mars2010 macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you need to hand in the originals. In fact, my Apple salesperson made a point of mentioning that Apple was picky about which receipt they were sent (his printer was malfunctioning and it spewed out about fifteen duplicates along with the original).

So to avoid any possible delays, I would send what they ask. I bought my iMac at the beginning of July and got my rebate at the end of July.

10. Lykos1986 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I will sent the originals but the main problem is that I haven’t ask for a duplicate receive in the beginning. I have only one receive and if I sent this one I will not have any clue of purchasing this stuffs. More important… in the receive is also the Apple Care and sometimes Apple asks for the receive in order to double check that you have bought the Apple Care before they fix your computer.

If I give the receive probably I will have problems later…

11. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Call the store and ask them what to do. When I filled my rebate, they didn't ask me to send anything :confused:

also make copies of your receipt...they are always useful later when you misplace it

12. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

don't fret. Just make a copy of your receipt, clip the boxes and send it on in. As long as you have a copy, you'll be fine (infact alot of those dumb thermal receipts like to fad after time so they'd be useless anyway).

Apple won't hassle you on the Applecare. They should have gotten your address so that they can send you the agreement information by mail. If not, go to AppleCare Agreements to print out a copy of their website saying that you have a valid contract, and just show them that if they get bothersome.

13. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Did you guys buy from the Apple retail store or online? I bought it from the store and I only had to enter in some order information and sign in to my iTunes account to get the rebate processed.

I know when I bought my first MB and iPod four years ago I had to cut up the boxes but not this time...

14. borisiii macrumors 6502

And I'm 100% sure you don't. I have successfully submitted two rebates (one just last month) by just sending photos of the labels, and both times I got the money back no problem.

15. Kvasek macrumors newbie

I have another question concerning Back to School promotion and hope you'll be able to help.

What I would like to know is how many times can you use this offer. If I buy two Macs will I be eligible for two iPods and printers or is it once-a-year kind of thing?

16. borisiii macrumors 6502

One desktop and one laptop per academic year (sep-sep) if memory serves...

17. advocate macrumors regular

Can you link the rebate form?

Also, what country are you in? I wonder if that's the difference. In Canada, the only way I can see to get the rebate is to print out a PDF, fill it out, attach receipt and two bar codes, and mail it to Toronto.

18. Eltorero macrumors newbie

You don't have to cut into the box.

Just take a hairdryer and blow warm air at the barcodes. Eventually you can take them off easily and send them in, without having damaged the box.

It worked for me :)

19. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

awe man I thought you had to clip those from the box. I would have done this (as I do it for books and stuff to make them look a bit nicer).

20. Lykos1986 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, probably the country makes the difference. I live in UK now and the procedure is exactly like the one you said: Fill the online form and mail it together with the two barcodes and the retail store receipt.

21. upsbrown macrumors newbie

I've bought two MBP with the back to school sale and haven't sent anything physical in to Apple. Everything was done online and I've received all rebates.

22. Lykos1986 thread starter macrumors member

And where you live? Probably if you are in the states then you don’t have to send anything to Apple. Only for "non USA" countries the system works like that…