Apple Back to School Deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DarkRevenant, Jun 8, 2008.

1. DarkRevenant macrumors member

As I'm sure you all know, the apple back to school deal gets you a free ipod touch or nano. While it may be just a good marketing tactic, I have a hard time believing that they are not attempting to get rid of a) computers or b) ipods due to a possible upgrade soon. Thoughts?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

OF COURSE THEY ARE.

They do this to clear out iPods so that the new ones can be released in SeptiPodber.

There will be new laptops in July once a sufficient number of the current ones are out of their hands.

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I mean this in the nicest possible way but:

NO SH*T

:p

4. DarkRevenant thread starter macrumors member

haha sorry, sorry.

i just need there to be a macbook pro update before school starts so i can pick one up :)

5. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

of course there will be an update before school starts, and the back to school special will continue after the update. thats they way i bought mine last year, and i'm selling my last year's model and picking up a new one this year for about 50 bucks more than i'm selling last year's for (!). factor in selling the ipod touch, and i'll be up like a hundred bucks.

6. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

Their is little chance the mbp will be released in July. It was just released.

7. thinkband macrumors regular

+1

I love how some people are SO SURE about the exact time of the updates. July? I say August 4th. I know its not a tuesday, its going to be a super surprise.