Apple back to school sale? Prices?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shanewilliams, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I'm still a bit new to the forum here, but I've seen on countless threads members talking about waiting until back to school sale/prices. Is the a significant drop in price for people that qualify for the education discount around the time for school to start back? I'm gettin by with my 5 year old iBook but as each day passes the more I want a MacBook. I think right now with education pricing the MacBook is $899, will it drop much more then that with back to school pricing? Is it available only online or in store as well?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The BTS sale doesn't give you an additional discount on top of the education discount; it allows you to get a rebate on an iPod. You need proof of enrollment in a higher education institute and can participate in the promotion both in stores and online.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

My school gives the buyer a free hp printer...I believe they do the ipod touch as well, but only in the fall semester. =)
    If they do a good promotion for a mbp+ipad combo, i'll wait until fall :D

4. Shanewilliams thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for clearing all that up for me. Even though it's not money off, it's still something for nothing! As far as I'm concerned I'll wait! Heck, I waited 9 years to go back for my masters, I can wait to get something for nothing! Lol

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I actually like the rebate system. More reward points on my credit card.