Apple back to school sale? Prices?

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I'm still a bit new to the forum here, but I've seen on countless threads members talking about waiting until back to school sale/prices. Is the a significant drop in price for people that qualify for the education discount around the time for school to start back? I'm gettin by with my 5 year old iBook but as each day passes the more I want a MacBook. I think right now with education pricing the MacBook is $899, will it drop much more then that with back to school pricing? Is it available only online or in store as well?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
The BTS sale doesn't give you an additional discount on top of the education discount; it allows you to get a rebate on an iPod. You need proof of enrollment in a higher education institute and can participate in the promotion both in stores and online.

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.
My school gives the buyer a free hp printer...I believe they do the ipod touch as well, but only in the fall semester. =)
If they do a good promotion for a mbp+ipad combo, i'll wait until fall :D

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks for clearing all that up for me. Even though it's not money off, it's still something for nothing! As far as I'm concerned I'll wait! Heck, I waited 9 years to go back for my masters, I can wait to get something for nothing! Lol