Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schulmaster

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Since the Apple "Back to the Mac" event is tomorrow, does anybody think it'll hold any news fro Mac Pro owners? Maybe at least an announcement about the 5870?

johnnymg

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Since the Apple "Back to the Mac" event is tomorrow, does anybody think it'll hold any news fro Mac Pro owners? Maybe at least an announcement about the 5870?

Seems unlikely as the 5870 (upgrades) represents a niche market.

However, I'm hoping for a hint of FCS 3 in the SW section. I'd give that only a slight chance though.

Just my WAG but I see it as 1-2 MBA's and a hint of Lion to keep the IOS haters at bay.

dissolve

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2009
Seems unlikely as the 5870 (upgrades) represents a niche market.

However, I'm hoping for a hint of FCS 3 in the SW section. I'd give that only a slight chance though.

Just my WAG but I see it as 1-2 MBA's and a hint of Lion to keep the IOS haters at bay.

Definitely agree with your guess. He'll talk about the MBA for about 1/4 and preview Lion for the rest. Only so much time in a keynote...

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
They definitely won't mention the 5870, but it would be nice to see them make it available for purchase finally.

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
My predictions:

A peak at Lion (10.7)

An announcement of new MBA models.

Release of a new Ilife suite.

Steve will say "It is magical!" at least once..:D

hoefler

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2010
so no 10.6.5 update or firmware updates to get rid of the graphic card static/snow problem (thats actually all i'm hoping for)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not expecting to see any love for the MacPRo during today's event. Apple takes a very long time to update the line and since they just recently did this, I'm not expecting any attention.

The MacBook Air and OSX are on everyone's short list, I'm not sure if any other platform will get update, but it would be nice to see an i5 in the 13" MBP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.