Apple Background.. how to change it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlphaBoy85, Mar 31, 2008.

1. AlphaBoy85 macrumors regular

Hey guys..
    can I change the Apple logo background when I power on my phone? if so.. then how?
    Thx!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Almost sounds like you want to change the wallpaper; but if you're talking about changing your Home Screen, for now you need to jailbreak and install the installer app, install the "SMBPrefs" app and the "Customize" app, but there are other forums that can walk you through the procedures. :cool:

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

No, he means the startup logo. I've only seen one demo of that, pwnage I believe it's called. Supposed to be released this week.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, I believe you're right TRIP. I can't even find a legitimate demo that will last longer than a second. :confused:

5. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Oh, just make a PICT file in Photoshop and title it "StartupScreen" and put it in your System Folder.

;-) awh the good ole days

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

7. AlphaBoy85 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks a lot guys, do I have to use photoshop? does paint works?

8. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

LOL, I was joking around...that is the old method of creating a custom system startup screen on the old Mac OS 7-8 -- you could make an image to show up instead of the Mac OS logo at startup, it was an "Easter Egg" of its time, put there on purpose by Apple, but nowhere in the manual told you that you could do it.

I have no idea how to change the *logo on the iPhone startup screen, I have a feeling it's embedded in the ROMS, basically hardwired into the system chips in the unit.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

I can understand wanting to do this just to see if it can be done, but why else? How often do you power down and up your phone? Once a day maybe? Once every 2-3 days? What is the point (besides what I said in my first sentence, which is a totally reasonable, um, reason) of changing that Apple logo that appears on the screen for 3 seconds once every 1-3 days?

Unless it is something quick and easy to do, it seems like a lot of effort for little reward.

Now customizing your wallpaper, that I understand. That's a screen you look at multiple times a day.

Here's the one I've been using lately- it's a couple of different wallpapers that I found online and photoshopped into one:

Attached Files:

10. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

People have been wanting to customize and mod their macs for years.

Do you want a REAL "blast to the past" ??? I have thrown my Screenshot collection on my new web server...my Screenshot collection from the late 1990s, from my Hotline server...All users running OS 7 - OS 8.6...I had them upload a screenshot of their desktop to my server if they could, and then I kept a collection of them on the server for people to check out....

http://www.wardcurry.com/screenshots/

That is pre-mac OS X/iMac/MacBook hype, back in the days of the mid-1990s, when it was actually, really DIFFERENT to be a Mac user, way back then :)

11. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Oooo, I like!!!! Where did you find it?

12. dillonm macrumors regular

link for that wallpaper?

surely! You should post a link for that wallpaper. You made everyone jealous

13. AlphaBoy85 thread starter macrumors regular

I dunno man LOL! I love to separate my iphone from the others :D