Apple Band Swap at Purchase?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipodlover77, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

The Series 3 (without cellular) has very sparse offerings in terms of bands. All of them practically come defaulted with sports bands which isn't my preference. Does anybody know if Apple will allow you to swap them in store or will they just force you to purchase an additional band.

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Well, you'd be able to use all the bands you have now.

3. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I actually don't have an apple watch, this is my first. I was hoping that there was some way to just swap bands at the store instead of being stuck with a sport band I don't want and having to actual buy an additional one that I desire.

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I plan to buy extra straps from amazon or ebay. much cheaper. How terrible could they be? only $10 each.

5. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

The watch will come with a band.
    You are welcome to purchase another that is more to your liking

6. Relentless Power, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

There are a lot of third-party option bands for relatively cheap. Some have better quality or another, I would just read reviews based On what others are saying.

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

This is the same question people were asking back in 2015.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The days of switching bands before purchase is over.

9. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Yeah, found a reddit post that was posted recently saying that they asked an employee at the store and was turned away. Guess I'll have to either just wear the sports band or buy another. Thanks everyone.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have 4-5 of the Leather loops, love them. Have several black sports bands as that is what the watch comes with. Never worn the sport band.

11. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Its more so a bummer that the silver aluminum comes stock with the gray sports band. I was hoping they would offer the silver with the black or navy sports band. Not sure why they force you to buy the space gray alu. just to get a dark gray or black sports band. Do you plan on selling some of the black bands? ;)

12. klymr macrumors 65816

Check eBay. I picked up an unused genuine Apple white sport band for my space gray S2 from someone that bought a new Apple Watch and didn't want the sport band. I paid less than half of what Apple charges for a band.

13. cawgijoe macrumors newbie

Buy the watch you want and then go to Amazon and buy additional bands cheap. I've purchased a sport band in blue and a metal magnetic band in black that are super high quality but much less than the OEM Apple bands. Make sure you look at the reviews for the best bands. They work great and look great.

I think the sport band was around $8 and the black metal magnetic was about $15.

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

The Amazon bands are not as nice as the Apple bands but they are good enough and look very similar. Main complaint is the sheen over time. My Amazon bands get shiny in places unlike the original bands but for 1/5 the cost its ok.

15. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

They're sport watches. What sort of band were you hoping to get? Do you think you won't ever need a sport band at all?

16. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

He wants differrnt color

17. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

I have a black 42mm Sport band, never worn, you can have it.

18. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Ahhhh... Yeah. I'm just used to buying another one.