Apple bans Nancy Pelosi bobble head

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by thetexan, Nov 10, 2009.

1. thetexan macrumors 6502a

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune...-pelosi-bobble-head/?section=money_topstories

Here is the developer's blog detailing the application Apple rejected,

http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2009/11/09/apple-rejects-my-caricature-app/

While I enjoyed having my iPhone 3G (AT&T was the reason I sold it) this censorship is crazy. At least WebOS will allow applications to be installed outside of Palm's application store. Same thing with RIM, Windows, and I believe Android though I'm not sure as I never used Android.

Even if the iPhone came to Verizon I don't think I'd buy another unless Apple opens up the platform without me having to jailbreak it.

2. strike1555 macrumors 6502

You need to learn to title threads better. It wasn't Pelosi specifically.

*Facepalm*

3. thetexan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I simply copied the blog title from the first link, it's sarcastic humor.

4. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Here is their rejection letter:

Where in that do you get Nancy Pelosi specifically? Makes as much sense that they are rejecting it because McCain's face is in there.

They said specifically why:

Look up defamatory. Apple would rather hurt your feelings than those of the congress-critters.

5. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

while i am not intimately involved with any of the bobble heads who commanded such terror from Apple, this sudden rejection makes no sense. Apple have allowed soundboards, cartoon images of Obama and much more which publicly ridicules public figures.

I think Apple really lost it here as I note here.

6. thetexan thread starter macrumors 6502a

The app is also very practical and useful, unlike a lot of apps in the store this one is the 0.5% that actually matters. The developer put in a lot of time along with the guy who did the drawings. To me this app rejection is dirtier than Apple blocking the Google voice app, I'm surprised it's not getting more attention.