Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fungsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Hello,

I was wondering whether it is bad to have the battery case on all the time because my phone is pretty much consistently at 100% for most of the day.

Thanks

fungsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
why do you even have the battery case on if you're at 100% most of the day? makes no sense.
Because without it I hit around 15% towards the end of my work day and I don't have access to a charger.

Jodie1987

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2016
Because without it I hit around 15% towards the end of my work day and I don't have access to a charger.
Its perfectly fine to use a battery case all day long, the iPhone doesn't charge when it reaches 100% and when the power does go down it will charge again :) So don't worry its ok to use a battery case and wont effect the iPhones battery, just make sure you take your phone out of the case once every month and let the phones battery drain and then give it a full charge using your apple charger, if you do that your battery will stay healthy! Merry Christmas

fungsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Its perfectly fine to use a battery case all day long, the iPhone doesn't charge when it reaches 100% and when the power does go down it will charge again :) So don't worry its ok to use a battery case and wont effect the iPhones battery, just make sure you take your phone out of the case once every month and let the phones battery drain and then give it a full charge using your apple charger, if you do that your battery will stay healthy! Merry Christmas
Thanks! Merry Christmas

Reactions: Jodie1987

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
It's fine, battery case is smart and batteries have changed quite a bit to remain healthy when they are at 100%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.