Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KershMan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
VA, USA
My wife's iBook battery died and we had it replaced this weekend at an Apple Store. During the process I found out a little about their battery replacement policy that I thought I would share.

First and foremost is batteries are not covered under the extended Applecare. Any defects are only covered in the first year.

Next, during the first 128 days a battery is considered defective if it has less than 2 hours battery life.

After 128 days through the rest of the first year a battery is not considered defective if it holds more than 30 minutes worth of charge. I'll say it again, 30 minutes.

Now, the last bit is if your battery fits into this mode and needs to get replaced, whatever you do don't state that there had been a gradual decline in battery life. That appears to be an out in the overall policy. I was asked repeatedly if the battery had a gradual decline or just stopped working from one day to the next.

Fortunately for us the battery just stopped holding a charge and they gave us a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.