Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

madrich

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
World Class City of Chicago
In the near future I will need to have Apple replace my battery on my iPad, iPhone, and/ or my MBA. I will definitely backup my computers before I take any of them in, but do I really need to completely erase my computer gems for a battery replacement?

Last edited:

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
My philosophy is that the only time my HD goes to someone for service is if it is erased or encrypted. The battery replacement is not same-day/while-you-wait service all the time.

Reactions: madrich

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
I can't help regarding phone or iPad, but for the MacBook, I'd run a backup just before you "hand it over".
That way, you're protected.
But I don't think that changing out the battery will "touch" the internal drive in any way (so long as you have a brick-n-mortar Apple Store do the job)...

madrich

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
World Class City of Chicago
I can't help regarding phone or iPad, but for the MacBook, I'd run a backup just before you "hand it over".
That way, you're protected.
But I don't think that changing out the battery will "touch" the internal drive in any way (so long as you have a brick-n-mortar Apple Store do the job)...
Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.