Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Is it going to be @me.com or @icloud.com :confused:
It uses @me. Jobs said so at WWDC. I understand why @icloud would seem to make more sense. However, I have to agree that @me is the better email suffix ... very short, very simple.

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
I have a bad feeling about icloud. I hope apples reach hasn't exceeded it's grasp! I can't imagine how all this multiple-device syncing can work seamlessly and reliably. Sounds like a nightmare to me...

By the way apple, IWANT MY MM gallery!

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
One of the issues I had (I have since turned off iCloud because of it) is that on my iPhone/iPad I could never tell what music I had locally. Maybe it didn't ever sync correctly but I could never find a "what's on my device" folder or anything. It mirrored everything that was on my iMac (music, playlists, etc) and of course the music not on the iPhone/iPad had the little cloud next to it and the songs that were on the device didn't have the cloud icon but if I wanted to just play what was on the iPhone there was no "everything local" type of folder. Well not one that I could find.

Hope in the GM and when iCloud finally goes public this is somewhat addressed.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yamcha said:
I bet Apple releases 10.7.2 on Oct 4 :p

Would be great if they do,

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
I have a bad feeling about icloud. I hope apples reach hasn't exceeded it's grasp! I can't imagine how all this multiple-device syncing can work seamlessly and reliably.
Oh, I'm sure it will be fine.

Apple has plenty of experience delivering speedy and reliable web services from their .Mac/Mobileme service.

Oh, wait...

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I would guess that devs will get the GM first then maybe a week or two later it will be released. Devs need time to make sure the app runs on the GM build first. And there still isn't an XCode out that devs can use to build for the GM yet.
Agreed. I'm guessing/hoping they're holding the GM out for the announcement because it'll include Assistant (although I think that's going to be an iP5 only feature).

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Agreed. I'm guessing/hoping they're holding the GM out for the announcement because it'll include Assistant (although I think that's going to be an iP5 only feature).

Ya. There's a couple other reasons they haven't released the GM too. They also haven't released the final AppleTV build either. That makes me think iTunes Match will be on the AppleTV. Along with Facebook .

Just a guess mind you. :)

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Ya. There's a couple other reasons they haven't released the GM too. They also haven't released the final AppleTV build either. That makes me think iTunes Match will be on the AppleTV. Along with Facebook .

Just a guess mind you. :)
I had forgotten about the Facebook rumors. I'd love that but we'll see.

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
Accessing mail from other platforms?

If I set up iCloud from Lion, will I be able to access my inbox/mail from other computers/OS via a web browser? I can't take my Mac everywhere I go and hence, may need to use other computers (at work, internet cafés).

Is iCloud exclusive to people with iOS devices and Macs? Or will it work for iOS and (Macs or PCs)?

Anthony La

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
If I set up iCloud from Lion, will I be able to access my inbox/mail from other computers/OS via a web browser? I can't take my Mac everywhere I go and hence, may need to use other computers (at work, internet cafés).

Is iCloud exclusive to people with iOS devices and Macs? Or will it work for iOS and (Macs or PCs)?
Macs on Lion (and possibly Snow Leopard) and PCs, and all iOS 5-running devices, plus a web interface. If you have anything older or have a non-Apple device, you can get your email using IMAP or connect to the calendar and contacts with CalDAV and CardDAV respectively.

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
It uses @me. Jobs said so at WWDC. I understand why @icloud would seem to make more sense. However, I have to agree that @me is the better email suffix ... very short, very simple.

I'm sure a good portion of us out there - myself included - are still using @mac.com, not @me.com.

I always have the option of using @me.com, but don't really want @mac.com to ever go away because I still use it everyday.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
I think it's important to mention that anyone who decides to upgrade their existing MM account to iCloud before next June read this from the Apple FAQ,

" "What happens to the other sync services I use for my Mac?"

Syncing of Mac Dashboard widgets, keychains, Dock items, and System Preferences will not be part of iCloud, but will continue to be available for you to use until you move to iCloud. After you move to iCloud or after June 30, 2012, whichever comes first, those sync services will no longer be available. Other MobileMe services that are not transitioning to iCloud (iWeb publishing, Gallery, and iDisk) will continue to be available through June 30, 2012, even after you move to iCloud."

I am holding off until next June until I decide what 3rd party services will work/replace my iDisk and Gallery, and syncing services system wide.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I hope 10.7.2 is released soon, hopefully during the event or some time after it. I could use a couple of fixes. i'll revert to snow leopard till the next fix.

alextr

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2002
greek language support

does by any chance the 10.7.2 contains greek language menu support?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.