Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NotTellinYou

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
I’m in the market for a new iPad but these refurbs are not a good deal considering Amazon nearly always has the new Pros on sale.

Will Apple ever be competitive on pricing these?

90% of the time any Amazon deal is for a used device, many missing power cords or shipping with a no-name 3rd party cord, with an expired Apple warranty. Read the reviews. I’ll pass!

Macintoshrumors

Suspended
Oct 18, 2016
Makes sense if new ipad pros are going to be announced soon.
Not really, the 2019 MacBook Pro went refurb a like month after release. It hitting the refurb (as many devices do after half a year) does not mean there will be a new release of a product.
[doublepost=1568120622][/doublepost]
I’m in the market for a new iPad but these refurbs are not a good deal considering Amazon nearly always has the new Pros on sale.

Will Apple ever be competitive on pricing these?
I wouldn’t trust amazon with refurbs. Most of them come with missing assesories and are sold by 3rd parties. I would never buy refurb from anywhere else other than apple. Your getting practically a new machine, with warranty but without the original box.
[doublepost=1568120826][/doublepost]
That's a very US centric view. Here in NZ I can't find an IPP 11" any cheaper (online anyway) than what Apple is selling them for here refurbished.
[doublepost=1568082497][/doublepost]

Obviously this is a US based site. The usual suspects, Best Buy, BH, ect have random sales thoughout the year that brings the price of a new device well below the 15% off Apple sells their refurbs for.

jsavvy

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
90% of the time any Amazon deal is for a used device, many missing power cords or shipping with a no-name 3rd party cord, with an expired Apple warranty. Read the reviews. I’ll pass!

I wouldn’t trust amazon with refurbs. Most of them come with missing assesories and are sold by 3rd parties. I would never buy refurb from anywhere else other than apple. Your getting practically a new machine, with warranty but without the original box.

I’ll pass on Amazon refurbs as well. My point was simply that Apple’s refurbs are often more expensive than the NEW sealed iPads available on Amazon. We’re all on the same page.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
I heard a rumor (heh) back in the day that Apple won't discount their own merch in their own store (eg 20%), with exception of the student discount and very few corporate discounts, because they offload that traffic to other retailers like B&H and Best Buy. Sort of like Mac outlet stores.

Interesting. I wonder how packed Apple Stores would be if Best Buy / Costco didn't offer better deals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.