Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week refreshed its online store with a variety of new products and accessories, including the Razer Kishi gaming controller for iPhone, new wireless charging stands and battery packs from Mophie, and more.

Created in partnership with Gamevice, the Razer Kishi is a dual-sided game controller that attaches to the top and bottom of the iPhone. The controller plugs into the Lightning connector, allowing it to be powered by the iPhone rather than a battery, and this also provides for a low-latency connection.

razer-kishi-iphone-gaming-controller.jpg

Priced at $99.95, the Apple-certified controller features a directional pad, two thumbsticks, A-B-X-Y buttons, and shoulder bumpers.

Apple's new Mophie offerings include a 2-in-1 wireless charging stand for an iPhone and Apple Watch, a 3-in-1 wireless charging stand for an iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods case, and a few Powerstation battery packs.

Apple is now selling Logitech's Keys-To-Go, a portable Bluetooth keyboard designed for the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. Retailing for $69.95, the keyboard features a fabric design with soft and silent keys, an attachable iPhone stand, a full row of iOS shortcut keys, and up to three months of battery life on a single charge.

Logitech-Key-and-Go.jpeg

Other accessories added to Apple's online store this week include the Square Stand, the HidrateSpark brushed stainless steel bottle, the JOBY GorillaPod mobile vlogging kit, and more.

Article Link: Apple Begins Selling Razer Kishi Gaming Controller for iPhone, New Mophie Charging Stands, and More

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Europe
Too bad none of the games on the App Store are worthy of a controller like the Razer Kishi. $100 towards the purchase of a Nintendo Switch would yield much better value.

I agree a Switch is a better use of money, but I wouldn't say none of the games on the App Store are worth of a controller.

There are some gems in this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/a3915z
For example:
Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas
Max Payne
Final Fantasy

Comment

PsykX

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Will the addicted gaming crowd spend $100 for a controller for the iPhone? Hmmm
I usually feel like these products are useless, but find this one actually pretty neat.
You would already pay for your iPhone anyways, so let's say it costs 0 additional $ to use it as a console, you just have to pay the controller.

But of course there's no Zelda and no true game of Mario, etc. so maybe it ends up scraping different markets than the Switch, even if it looks a bit like it.

Comment

Eorlas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2010
The Kishi is a tough sell for iPhone considering Apple’s no game streaming and no emulation stance. I hope Apple loosens their grip on gaming in the future.

it depends on the implementation.

you can play ps4 remote play natively from iOS with a dualshock 4.

you can play steam link natively from iOS with a variety of different controllers, as well as on tvOS which supports 4k steam link if you have atv4k.

im not 100% on the details as to why xcloud got blocked, probably for the ability to buy games is my guess. that's what held steam back for a year

Reactions: AxiomaticRubric
Comment

pers0n

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2014
Too bad none of the games on the App Store are worthy of a controller like the Razer Kishi. $100 towards the purchase of a Nintendo Switch would yield much better value.
Probably due to them being designed for touch screens first and having the majority using it that way.

Comment

Deliro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
This seems like a good investment for the gamers.

Hardly. 100 bucks?? Being that Apple changes form factors every couple years almost how long can you use this overpriced controller that many apps on the store don’t even support or justify it? Maybe 30 bucks.

Reactions: fatlardo
Comment

frownface

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2020
The compatibility table lists every iPhone from 6s through 11 Pro Max. It seems to fit a wide range of form factors.

I think the bigger issue with forward compatability is the eventual day that apple switch the iphone to usb-c, which seems inevitable at this stage.

Reactions: rjp1 and Gasu E.
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.