Apple being super cheap with this iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iperson21, Sep 11, 2010.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

i think apples being pretty cheap with this new iTouch,
    firstly- no dock adapter? really? you can't pay $0.50 more per iTouch just so we can have a dock adapter which most of us use?
    no remote? yess i understand that the itouch already has a built in mic, but would it kill apple to give us the headphones that have the remote and no mic?
    0.7mp cam? really? you can fit a 5mp camera into the iphone, but not even a 1one megap cam into the iTouch? i would rather have a better camera then the little bit of more thinnness
    and has anyone else noticed that the usb cables with the rounded edge on the usb end is just a little longer than the usb cable that is squarish on the usb end?

2. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

You're asking for a $700 device for $230. Get real.

3. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

I know! Plus they didn't even include a set of Bluetooth headphones! I mean some of us want to listen to music with headphones without wires, right? And why don't they include a case too? We all want a case, right?

To make it perfectly clear, what I am doing is being very sarcastic. Your sense if self-entitlement is frankly appalling. If you don't like the iPod touch, don't buy it. But apple does not owe you or anybody else anything.

4. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Look what a clever boy! I wonder how you acted last year around this time with iPod touch 3gen vs iPhone 3GS? Actually back then we got an almost iPhone without a phone device for the price of 299$ Same screen, same speed, same ram, same everything minus the camera/GSM. How would you explain that clever boy?

This is no excuse for what Apple did with earphones and dock connector this year. It was already included in previous iPod touch generation, along with earphones with remote. Both gone in 4gen. What a genius move, right? ;)

5. Abscissa macrumors regular

Buy a 3rd gen then. Or an iPhone. Don't buy something you're not happy with.

EDIT: Lol, you're signature says future 4G touch owner, yet you're complaining this bad?

6. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

hehee! kinda like summink i would put lol! fluent in 2 languages: english and sarcasm!

7. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

They ran the numbers and discovered more people were calling support about "wtf is this plastic piece for?" than who actually used it. ;)

The remote headphones were also the mic, and as the mic is now in the device, so that removes about 1/2 the reason for those headphones. Besides, those are just starter earbuds anyway.

8. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

So, going by logic, they should have put an earphones with remote (and without the mic), not going back to earphones from 2gen iPod! Remote was really good feature.

9. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Heh, you guys better not be people that were hoping for 3G in the iPod touch when the 3G rumors came along. I was the one who started "if you want 3G, get a $%^&%$## iPhone for that!". My God, if I hear the 3G on the iPod touch rumors again, I will flip. That rumor is worse than anything.

10. Abscissa macrumors regular

I'm trying to figure out what you're talking about.

11. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Who said anything about 3G???

12. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Threads like this is the reason I said screw it and got a 32Gb 3G refurb.
    Someone has to complain about every little feature on the new Touch.I mean come on,the 3G is going to be heaven for me who hasn't had a music player in 6 months.

13. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

Obviously they're gonna tke out some features from the iphone because they need to make it cost less. I think they have done a really good job

14. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

15. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Apple could just included the dock adoptor. Why not? It's probably pretty cheap, even though it sells as an accessory for $10.

16. kelving525 macrumors regular

Most likely so that people can buy their overpriced accessories, just like they did by taking away the remote control from the MacBook in 2008. :rolleyes:

17. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

These kinds of threads amaze me. Whine about not having a spectacular cam to replace your Cybershot? Complain about static on the video, which, by the way, occurs on all three tiny handhelds that I own. No remote control? Are you serious? It's in your freakin' pocket/purse/desk. But I hear surround sound systems generally come with a remote. No earphones with built in mike? Again I'm scratching my head. Honestly, if I am going to be dictating my rounds from today on my ipod, I am not going to need headphones in my ears and the built in mic is beyond sufficient. What did I miss...No GPS? Wahhhh.

This started out to be a MP3 player (and a great one at that) with a few added bells and whistles and now it is cursed to forever be a fail because it isn't JUST LIKE THE iPHONE? Go buy an iPhone! Seriously. I would love for my Toyota Corolla to have the features of the Bentley I park next to in the morning but then again, when I was a kid I wanted my bike to be a pony.

The iPod Touch is what it is and what it is is exactly what was advertised when you CHOSE to buy one. Now I'm going to snicker on the way downstairs to get my Touch so that I can listen to music while I send some e-mails and order dinner.

18. Abscissa macrumors regular

19. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

In reading through these threads I am surprised at how many people actually think the iPod Touch costs more than the iPhone. Now I understand the appeal of the $99 iPhone.

20. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

I you want just an mp3 go buy an iPod shuffle without screen haha!

21. EllieV macrumors 6502

You really don't understand this do you?

22. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

And notice that most 3rd party speaker / dock / clock thingys have a tendency to come with an assortment of adapters, often preferable by virtue of being the same plastic and colour as the device.

The only time you need a new adapter with a new iPod is when you have legacy devices (which may not be compatible anyway), or purchase an apple dock. (the universal one, not a device specific one, which seems to be the trend)

23. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Apple didn't include an app that prints money. So, I guess we all can cry.

24. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Nintendo has that one locked up...

[​IMG]

25. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The squarer USB cable is more durable than the rounded one. Its a newer design which prevents tearing and separation better. and what's it matter if its a little shorter?